Two hours away from Davao City is the City of Kidapawan, North Cotabato. As a city that lies at the foot of the majestic Mt. Apo, it offers adventure seekers with awesome sights, trekking destinations and other man-made and natural wonders. There are a lot of tourist spots and attractions, sights to enjoy and activities to do in Kidapawan City. One could enjoy strolling around the city, trekking to Lake Agco, swimming and nature-tripping, among many others.
This travel guide will provide you with basic information on how to get there, things to do, where to stay, suggested itinerary and estimated budget that will help you plan your visit.
HOW TO GET THERE?
HOW TO GET TO KIDAPAWAN CITY
Kidapawan can be reached by bus or van from Davao or Cotabato City. From Davao City's Ecoland Terminal, there are buses (Weena bus) bound for Kidapawan or to Cotabato City which passes by Kidapawan City. If you want to take the passenger vans, go to NCCC Mall or SM City Davao where you could find the vans bound for Kidapawan City. Estimated travel time from Davao City to Kidapawan is about 2 hours. Fare is around 150 pesos from Davao City.
If you are coming from General Santos City, take a bus to Davao City and drop off at Digos City Terminal and take a bus bound for Cotabato City, which will stop over at Kidapawan City.
HOW TO GET TO LAKE AGCO / MT. APO NATURAL PARK
Take a habal-habal or single motorcycle at KOASA Terminal in Kidapawan City. Travel time is about 45 minutes, fare is around 100 pesos per head. For your habal-habal needs, please contact Kuya Marvin. You can find him at KOASA Terminal or you may call him at 0906-961-1114.
THINGS TO DO?
- Strolling around Kidapawan City
- Visit the Hot and Boiling Lake Agco in Kidapawan City
- Find peace at "Lost and Found", a Sanctuary at the foot of Mt. Apo
Other Things to do and tourist spots:
- Climb Mt. Apo, the hight mountain in the Philippines
- Agko Mahomanoy Mountain Resort
- Lake Venado
- Marbel Falls
- Mawig Falls
- Kansal Falls
- Paniqui Cave and Waterfalls
- Mandarangan Geological Site
- Cotabato Provincial Capitol
WHERE TO STAY?
AJD Garden Pads & Pension
Quimco St., Kidapawan City
Agko Mahomanoy Mountain Resort
Sitio Agco, Barangay Ilomavis, Kidapawan City
Mt. Apo Inn
Bautista St., Kidapawan City
SAM's Guesthouse and Apartelle
Villamarzo St., Kidapawan City
Super Cool Drive Inn and Restaurant
Roxas St., Kidapawan City
AJ Hi Time Hotel and Restaurant
JP Laurel St., Corner Plaridel St. Kidapawan City
(064) 288-1811 / (064) 288‐14‐75
Silver Spoon Lodge
Old PC Barracks, Kidapawan City
Apo summit Hostel
Brgy. Kalasuyan, Kidapawan City
Fajz Cafe and Lodging House
J. Abad Santos St., Kidapawan City
Grand Ficus Plaza Hotel and Restaurant
Bgry. Lanao,. Kidapawan City (Near City Bus Terminal)
(064) 278‐3192 / (064) 278-3392 or (064) 278-3408
Jayag Pension House
Quirino Drive,. Kidapawan City
RBM Summit Motor Bay Inn
Daang Maharlika, Kidapawan City
Quezon Blvd., Kidapawan City
Mang Oming Lodge
National Highway, Kidapawan City
Old Barracks Suites
Bgry. Sudapin, Kidapawan City
- 9:00 AM - Depart of Kidapawan City from Davao City
- 12:00 NN - Arrive Kidapawan City Proper, Lunch
- 01:00 PM - Check-in at the hotel
- 02:00 PM - Stroll around Kidapawan City
- 04:00 PM - Snacks at the weekend market/park
- 07:00 PM - Dinner
- 08:00 PM - Go back to the hostel
- 09:00 PM - Sleep
- 05:00 AM - Wake up early for the trip to Lake Agco
- 06:00 AM - Breakfast
- 07:00 AM - Depart for Lake Agco
- 08:00 AM - Ariive at Lake Agco, check out Agko Mahomanoy Mountain Resort, swim
- 09:00 AM - Visit Lake Agco
- 10:00 AM - Visit Lost and Found Prayer Temple
- 11:00 AM - Depart for Kidapawan City proper
- 12:00 NN - Arrive at Kidapawan City proper, check out of the hostel
- 01:00 PM - Lunch
- 02:00 PM - Depart for Davao City
- 04:00 PM - Arrive in Davao City
This is my suggested itinerary for a 2-day trip in Kidapawan City. You could adjust it based on how many days you want to explore and the places you want to see and experience.
ESTIMATED EXPENSES / BUDGET
- Bus/Van (Davao City to Kidapawan) - 150.00 pesos/way
- Accommodation at AJD Pension House - 350.00 pesos per night
- Habal-habal (Kidapawan Proper to Lake Agco) - 100.00 pesos each
- Agko Mahomanoy Mountain Resort Entrance - 25.00 pesos each
- Entrance Fee to Lake Agco - 10.00 pesos each
- Habal-habal (Lake Agco to Kidapawan Proper) - 100.00 pesos each
- Food (2 days) - 600.00 / person
- Bus/Van (Kidapawan to Davao City) - 150.00 pesos/way
ESTIMATED TOTAL - PHP 1,310.00 per person
Please note that these are just the basic expenses for a group of 2 persons and depending on the activities you want to do and places you want to visit in Kidapawan City, you may add other expenses for souvenirs and tips.
Enjoy mountain adventures in Kidapawan City!
The trip in Mati City happened on June 8-9, 2012 during my "6-day Davao Region + North Cotabato trip".
Davao Oriental is the 65th province on my list.
DAVAO DEL SUR
More photos on Pinoy AdvenTurista's Facebook Page, click here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|