Pinoy + Adventures + Turista = PINOY ADVENTURISTA
Pinoy Adventurista is a travel blog that aims to chronicle an adventure junkie's backpacking and adventure trips, his mountaineering and foodie adventures and to provide an online source of travel guides and climbing tips and more!
It started in 2005 with a simple personal blog on friendster and Multiply as a journal of sorts. Until 2009, when it slowly evolved into a travel blog on different tourist and "off the beaten track" destinations in the Philippines.
It seeks to encourage more people to explore and travel the Philippines and (re)discover how beautiful our beloved country is. It’s all about the adventures, the startling panoramas, the people met, the food tasted, the ride taken and the journey to reach a destination.
Travelling is about sharing with others, either stories, tips or good times. Pinoy Adventurista aims to inspire, persuade and encourage others to live their dreams, to travel and find their own adventure of a lifetime!
It was just another blog when it started. However, it dared to be different from the rest.
MILESTONES, PUBLISHED WORKS AND MEDIA FEATURES
- Listed! "Filipino Travel Bloggers Who Will Inspire Your Inner Wanderlust" on Traveloka.com
- Listed! "10 Pinoys on Instagram Who Will Inspire You to Travel" on Spot.ph
- Ranked #12, "The Top 50 Travel Blogs in the World (3rd Quarter: 2016)" on The Expeditioner
- Featured, "Why Do People Travel? We Asked 14 Top Travel Bloggers, Here’s What They Said" on BonAppetour
- Ranked #4, "The Top 50 Travel Blogs in the World (2nd Quarter: 2016)" on The Expeditioner
- Listed, "2016 Inspiring Travel Blog Sites In The Philippines" on The Expeditioner
- Ranked #4, "The Top 50 Travel Blogs in the World (1st Quarter: 2016)" on The Expeditioner
- Featured, "The Art of Holiday Selfie: Tips from the Experts" on The Expeditioner
- Ranked #6, "The Top 50 Travel Blogs in the World (4th Quarter: 2015)" on The Expeditioner
- Finalist, "BEST TRAVEL BLOG, Nuffnang 2016 Blogopolis Awards"
- Featured, "Brilliant ways to travel cheap" on Manila Bulletin
- Ranked #7, "The Top 50 Travel Blogs in the World (3rd Quarter: 2015)" on The Expeditioner
- Featured "How to be a travel blogger: The pros share their tips" on CNN.com
- Listed! "10 Must-Follow Travel Bloggers on Instagram" on TravelBook.ph
- Listed! "25 Filipino Travel Bloggers Who’ll Inspire Your Inner Wanderlust" on BuzzFeed
- Listed! "Top 20 Travel Blogs Helpful to Avid Travelers" on www.feminiya.com
- Ranked #3, "The Top 50 Travel Blogs in the World (2nd Quarter: 2015)" on The Expeditioner
- Listed! "5 Captivating Travel Blogs That Explore the Philippines" on www.m2comms.com
- Listed! "7 Filipino Travel Bloggers to Follow" on FreedomWall.com
- Listed! "25 Must-Follow Pinoy Travel Bloggers to Inspire Your Wanderlust" on PawnHero.ph
- Listed! "Top 10 Travel Bloggers to Follow This Summer" on Tripedia
- Listed! "Top 10 Budget Travel Blogs (10 Pinoy Travelers Share Their Budget Secrets)" on MoneyMax.ph
- Listed! "Top 40 Filipino Travel Blogs You Should Follow for 2015" Two Monkeys Travel Group
- Best Male Travel Blogs, "Best Travel Sites" by OOAWORLD
- Ranked #5, "The Top 50 Travel Blogs in the World (1st Quarter: 2015)" on The Expeditioner
- Published Photos, "Calatagan, A Quick Trip to Nirvana", Trip! Magazine, April 2015
- Ranked #9, "The Top 50 in the World Travel Blogs (4th Quarter: 2014)" on The Expeditioner
- Ranked #6, "The Top 50 in the World Travel Blogs (3rd Quarter: 2014)" on The Expeditioner
- Featured Traveler, on ABS-CBN's Pamilya on Guard Infomercial
- Finalist, Skyscanner Philippines Bloscars Travel Awards 2014
- Magazine Interview, "Backpacker Pinoy Adventurista", Turista Magazine, December 2013 Issue
- Voted as one of the, "Top 15 Travel Blogs for 2013 in the Philippines" on OutOfTownBlog.com
- On the list!, "Ten Travel Blogs That Have Inspired Me the Most" on TheTravelingDutchman.com
- Featured Traveler, "Counting Provinces with Pinoy AdvenTurista" on philippinebeaches.org
- Published, "Things to do in the Philippines during Rainy Season", Gamefowl Magazine, Issue No. 5
- Visited all 80 Provinces in the Philippines, "Magsukul Sulu! My 80th Province!", August 7, 2013
- Published, "Ati-atihan Festival", Gamefowl Magazine, Issue No. 4
- Listed, "Top 15 Philippine Travel Blogs for 2013" on flipnomad.com
- Radio Interview about Traveling on DZMM
- Published, "Masskara Festival", Gamefowl Magazine, Issue No. 3
- Published, "Endless Adventures in Aurora", Northbound Magazine
- Published, "Trailblazing Travel to Tibiao, Antique" on The Daily Guardian
- Featured Traveler for July 2012 on MeetManila.com
- Featured on "Byahe@Gimik" at Sonshine TV Radio's DZAR 1026
- Featured on "State of the Nation with Jessica Soho", GMA News TV Channel 11
|ABOUT MERVZ (THE BLOGGER)|
Mervz is a travel and adventure junkie who aimed to set foot on all the provinces in the Philippines. On August 2013, his dream of visiting all the provinces in the country became a reality when he visited and spent Ramadhan in Jolo, Sulu in Southern Philippines.
He is an advocate of promoting local tourism by sharing his experiences in all his travels to different parts of the country. He hopes that through his writings, he can encourage more people to spend time visiting the different beautiful islands in the Philippines and experience its innate beauty and charm.
He completed his primary and secondary education at St. Mary Magdalene School in Kawit Cavite, his Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree at AMA Computer University - Cavite, and Master in Business Administration and Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Administration degrees both at De La Salle University, Dasmariñas.
A daring traveler, mountaineer, foodie and adventure seeker. Join him in his journey as he explore the beautiful islands of the Philippines and beyond!
Be Updated! Stalk Pinoy Adventurista!