Three to four hours away from Davao City is an undiscovered paradise of Mati City, Davao Oriental. It offers great sights, beautiful bays and beaches, awesome islands, diverse marine life and other man-made and natural wonders. There are a lot of tourist spots and attractions, sights to behold, things to do and activities to enjoy in Mati City. One could enjoy island hopping to the beaches, beach bumming, surfing and skim boarding, among many others.
This travel guide will provide you with basic information on how to get there, things to do, where to stay, suggested itinerary and estimated budget that will help you plan your visit.
HOW TO GET THERE?
To Dahican Beach in Mati City
The nearest airport is Davao City. From Manila or Cebu, take a flight to Davao City. From Davao City's Ecoland Terminal, take a bus bound for Mati, Davao Oriental. Air-conditioned Bus fare is around 250 pesos, travel time is about 3.5 - 4 hours. From the town center, take a tricycle or a habal-habal (single motorcycle) to Dahican Beach. Fare is around 40 pesos each and travel time is about 20 minutes.
To the Sleeping Dinosaur of Mati City
Take a bus bound for Mati, Davao Oriental from Davao City's Ecoland Terminal. It passes by Badas Point in Barangay Dawan. Tell the bus attendant to drop you at the sleeping dinosaur. Airconditioned Bus fare is around 200 pesos, travel time is about 3.5 hours.
THINGS TO DO?
- Quick Stopover at the Sleeping Dinosaur of Mati City
- Beach bumming at Mati's Dahican Beach
- Surfing and Skimboarding in Dahican Beach
Other tourist spots:
- Masao Beach
- Oak Island
- Pujada Island
- Waniban Island
- Guang Guang Mangrove Park
- Provincial Capitol Building of Davao Oriental
- Mount Hamiguitan
- Luban Lagoon
WHERE TO STAY?
Botona Beach Resort
- Rates: PHP 1,800 per night, good for 4 persons
- Phone: (+63) 918-525-5227 / (+63) 916-796-8054
Tropical Kanakbai homes
- Rates: 2,500.00/night for two (2) persons
- Phone: (087) 388-3657 / 09177197209
Camping at the Amihan Skim and Surf area
- PHP 50.00 per night, bring your own camping equipment
You may opt to go back to the city center of Mati if you wish to get cheaper rooms
Accommodations in Mati City Proper
- Hotel Beatrice - (087) 388-4655
- Villa Merced Hotel - (087) 811-1476
- Mati Citi Lodge - (087) 811-5155
- 8:00 AM - Depart of Mati City from Davao City
- 11:00 AM - Drop by at the Sleeping Dinosaur
- 12:00 NN - Arrive in Mati City Proper, Lunch
- 01:00 PM - Depart for Dahican Beach
- 01:30 PM - Arrive at Dahican Beach, Check-in
- 03:00 PM - Swimming, beach bumming, explore
- 04:00 PM - Learn surfing or skim boarding
- 05:00 PM - Relax at the beach, swim, beach bumming
- 07:00 PM - Dinner
- 08:00 PM - Chill, have some drinks
- 10:00 PM - Sleep
- 05:00 AM - Wake up early for sunrise
- 06:00 AM - Walk at the beach
- 08:00 AM - Island hopping / Visit Masao Beach
- 12:00 NN - Check-out
- 12:30 PM - Depart for Mati City Proper
- 01:00 PM - Arrive at Mati City Proper, Lunch
- 02:00 PM - Visit Davao Oriental Capitol
- 03:00 PM - Depart for Davao City
- 07:00 PM - Arrive in Davao City
This is my suggested itinerary for a 2-day trip in Mati City. You could adjust it based on how many days you want to explore and the places you want to see and experience.
- Bus/Van (Davao City to Mati) - 250.00 pesos/way
- Tricycle/Habal-habal (Mati Proper to Dahican Beach) - 40.00 pesos each
- Accommodation at Botona Beach Resort - 1,800.00 pesos per night
- Food (2 days) - 600.00 / person
- Surfing Lessons - 400.00 pesos per hour
- Tricycle/Habal-habal (Dahican to Mati City Proper) - 40.00 pesos each
- Bus/Van (Mati to Davao City) - 250.00 pesos/way
ESTIMATED TOTAL - PHP 2,480.00 per person
Please note that these are just the basic expenses for a group of 2 persons and depending on the activities you want to do in Mati City, you may add other expenses for souvenirs and tips.
Enjoy the sun, sand and the fun activities in Mati, Davao Oriental!
The trip in Mati City happened on June 8-9, 2012 during my "6-day Davao Region + North Cotabato trip". Davao Oriental is the 65th province on my list.
DAVAO DEL SUR
More photos on Pinoy AdvenTurista's Facebook Page, click here.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|