Isla Verde (Verde Island) is one of the must-visit "off-the-beaten" destinations in Batangas City. The island is located between the islands of Luzon and Mindoro, along Verde Island Passage which is dubbed as the "Center of the Center of Marine Biodiversity in the World." Known for its pristine clear waters and amazing underwater treasures, it is a favorite among local and foreign tourists, backpackers and intrepid travelers looking for an awesome vacation away from the crowd.
Verde island is composed of 6 villages such as Liponpon, San Agapito, San Agustin East, San Agustin West, San Andres and San Antonio. If you want to visit Verde island, be sure to know which village you want to visit.
To help you plan your DIY Isla Verde trip, here's how to get there.
How to Get to Isla Verde from Metro Manila
1. From Metro Manila, take a bus bound for Batangas City and alight at Batangas City Grand Terminal. Buses such as Jam Transit and Jac Liner (with terminals found in Cubao and Buendia Pasay) has daily trips (with 30 minutes to 1 hour interval) bound for Batangas City Pier. Travel time is about 1.5 to 2 hours and fare is around PHP 140 pesos from Buendia to Batangas City.
Note: You need to leave Metro Manila at around 4:00 am or 5:00 am for you to arrive at around 6:30 or 7:00 am in Batangas City Grand Terminal.
2. Upon arrival at Batangas City Grand Terminal, you may rent a tricycle and ask the driver to bring you to Tabangao Aplaya where boats going to Isla Verde can be found. Tricycle rental is PHP 300 pesos which could fit up to 3 passengers. Travel time is around 30-45 minutes depending on the traffic condition in Batangas City.
3. Alternatively, you can also take a jeepney bound for Batangas City proper and then take another jeep bound for Tabangao Aplaya. This is a cheaper option; but if you're in a hurry or has baggage with you, it is still more convenient to just rent a tricycle.
4. Upon arrival at Tabangao Aplaya, you will see several boats bound for Verde Island. Be sure to know which sitio or barangay you're going to. Since we're staying at Isla Verde Tropical Friendly Resort, we took the boat named "St. Paul" which drops passengers in Mahabang Buhangin Beach in San Agustin (Kanluran) and in Isla Verde Tropical Friendly Resort. Travel time is around 1.5 hours depending on sea condition and fare is PHP 100 pesos per passenger.
5. Upon arrival on the island, go to your booked accommodation. There are very few resorts on Verde Island. I highly recommend Isla Verde Tropical Friendly Resort which offers several nipa huts, stone houses and tents for your accommodation on the island. Please refer to the tips and reminders below on how to contact the resort.
Enjoy the serene vibe and tropical feel of Isla Verde!
Going back to Tabangao, Batangas CityThe trip back to Tabangao in Batangas City mainland is at 3:00 am the following day. Travel also takes about 1.5 hours and fare is 100 pesos per passenger.
Verde Island Tips and Reminders
- Leave Metro Manila early in the morning at around 4:00 or 5:00 am.
- For faster travel to Batangas City, ride the bus that takes STAR Tollway.
- Boat leaves at around 9:00 am or 9:30 am. It would be best if you're already in Tabangao Aplaya at around 8:00 am.
- There's only one trip to Verde Islad, if you missed the boat, you will have to wait until the next day.
- If you want to stay at Isla Verde Tropical Friendly Resort, please book in advance by calling Tita Jo at 0916-440-8647 or 02-782-5833.
- Since the trip back to Batangas City mainland is very early in the morning, I suggest that you stay on the island for at least 2 nights to fully maximize your trip.
- The trip back to Tabangao, Batangas City is also once a day. So, be sure to wake up early to take the 3:00 am boat ride.
- Bring enough cash, there are no ATMs on the island.
- Always be a responsible traveler, please respect the place and practice "leave no trace" principle at all times.
ALSO READ: Isla Verde, "A Memorable Island Adventure in Batangas City"
At first glance, Verde Island may seem to be just an ordinary island, but the island's beauty definitely lies beneath the surface of its waters. Indeed it's a priceless treasure you should visit even once in your life.
SEE ALSO: Top Best Hotels and Resorts in Batangas
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|