Kalanggaman island is considered as one of "Palompon Leyte's Island Paradise." It's one of the most beautiful islands in the Philippines I've been to. Known for its clear and blue waters, white sand and magnificent sandbars stretching at both ends of the island, it is now becoming one of the top tourist destinations in the country. Located off the shore of Palompon, Leyte, it takes about 1 hour (depending on sea condition) by boat to get to Kalanggaman Island. If you're planning a trip to this island, here are some tips on how to get there.
How to Get to Kalanggaman Island?From Manila, take a flight to Tacloban City, Leyte. From Tacloban Airport, make your way to the bus terminal or to the van terminal. Take a van or bus going to the municipality of Palompon, which is about 3 hours by bus or van from Tacloban City, and about 2 hours away from Ormoc City. If you're coming from Cebu, there are boats or ferries that travels from Cebu to Ormoc.
Upon arrival in Palompon, you could hire a pump boat at the Palompon Ecotours Office. Boat trip to Kalanggaman island takes about 1 hour depending on sea condition. Please note that you have to coordinate first with the Palompon Ecotours Office for the scheduling of visit to Kalanggaman island.
Kalanggaman Island Entrance Fees Rates:
Regular Rate (Day Tour)
International Tourists – P500
Non-Palompon Tourists – P150
Non-Palompon College Tourists – P40
Non-Palompon High-school Tourists – P30
Non-Palompon Elementary Pupil – P20
Non-Palomponganon Senior Citizen – P120
International Tourists – P750
Non-Palompon Tourists – P225
Non-Palompon College Tourists – P60
Non-Palompon High-school Tourists – P45
Non-Palompon Elementary Pupil – P30
Non-Palomponganon Senior Citizen – P180
Tips, Reminders and Basic Information
- It is recommended that you start sailing as early as 6:00 am because the sea is calmer at this time and the our guides told us that dolphins are most likely yo be visible during this hour.
- Activities such as swimming, kayaking, snorkeling, aqua-biking, scuba diving and overnight camping are just some of the fun things you can enjoy at the island.
- Bring all you need.
- Pitching a tent at the beach area is allowed. If you plan to camp overnight, bring all the camping equipment that you'll need.
- There are some cottages on the island that you could rent.
- Comfort rooms and shower areas are available on the island, but don't expect too much, its very basic for basic needs.
- The place can be crowded during summer, holy week, weekends and long weekends.
- You may bring your own food and drinks to the island.
- There is no water and electricity in the island, bring your own food, drinking water and other essentials.
- Reservation with Palompon Ecotours is required before going there.
- Reduce and organize your waste. Always practice "leave no trace" principle. Bring all your trash back to the main island.
Book a special tour package to Kalanggaman Island thru Leyte Gulf Travel and Tours by calling at 0918-938-3960 (mobile) or (+63)(53) 321-3197 (landline) or send them an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for inquiries. Like them on Facebook or visit their website at www.leytegulf.callezaragosa.com. Book with them and let them take care of everything!
Where to Get Kalanggaman Island Tour Packages
Important Note:Before going to Palompon, make sure that you have already reserved a pump boat with Palompon Ecotours. Advance reservation is required especially during summer, holidays and peak season. You may call them at +63 917 303 7269.
Kalanggaman Island has always been one of the top tourist drawers of the Province of Leyte. There were already several cruise ships carrying foreign travelers from around the world that have docked to this island. No doubt, they have fallen in love with Kalanggaman Island.
With the popularity that Kalanggaman Island is getting because of its recent TV feature on Korina Sanchez' Rated K, I am quite sure that more and more people would be interested to visit "Palompon Leyte's Island Paradise."
I am happy that even before it got popular, I was able to visit Kalanggaman Island in 2013. You may read our experience here: Kalanggaman Island, "Palompon's Island Paradise!" Enjoy and have fun on Kalanggaman Island!
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|