Dubbed as "Palompon Leyte's island paradise", Kalanggaman Island is located off the shore of the municipality of Palompon. A 3-hour bus ride from Tacloban city and one-hour boat ride from the Palompon Ecotours Office will bring you this island paradise known for it long sand bars with fine white sand stretching on both sides of the island. Are you ready for an awesome adventure on Kalanggaman Island?!
I was at awe upon stepping on the island. The long sand bar that shines with the reflection of the sun surrounded with clear blue water is really so inviting! Dito pa lang, I know, we will be having an awesome beach-bumming experience on Kalanggaman Island!
Kalanggaman IslandAfter settling my things in our cottage, I quickly roamed around. The island is teeming with coconuts trees and surrounded by white sand with some rocky parts.
Oh well, I love Kalanggaman island's fine white sand, clear turquoise waters, clean and well-maintained surroundings. Add up to that the clear blue sky and cool breeze of the air? It was so perfect! Truly, Kalanggaman island is a paradise!
Kalanggaman island is already equipped with the basic facilities to make visitors and tourists comfortable and have a good time. Activities such as swimming, kayaking, snorkeling, aqua-biking, scuba diving and overnight camping are just some of the fun things you can enjoy at the island.
Toilet and shower rooms are also available on Kalanggaman island. Overnight camping is allowed, just bring your own camping equipment.
There is no water and electricity in the island, bring your own food, drinking water and other essentials. Thanks to Tacloban City's Calle Z Cafe for providing us with a sumptuous lunch.
Photo by Sir Gerry Ruiz
Kalanggaman island is perfect for people who are seeking for a peaceful and quiet escape from the noise and chaos of the city life. Here, you just enjoy the sun, the sand, the beach and the nature at its best! So, if you want to have a memorable island escape this summer, visit Kalanggaman Island in Palompon, Leyte!
Tips and Reminders:
- It is recommended that your travel to Kalanggaman Island as early as 6:00 am because the sea is calmer at this time and the our guides told us that dolphins are most likely yo be visible during this hour.
- Bring all you need, especially food and drinks.
- Pitching a tent at the beach area is allowed. If you plan to camp overnight, bring all the camping equipment that you'll need.
- There are some cottages on the island that you could rent.
- Comfort rooms and shower areas are available on the island, but don't expect too much, its very basic for basic needs.
- With the popularity of Kalanggaman Island, it can be crowded to overcrowded during summer months, holy week, holidays, weekends and long weekends. So, be sure to carefully plan your trip. I highly suggest that you visit the island on weekdays, so there would be lesser people on the island.
- You may bring your own food and drinks to the island. Just be sure that you will bring back all your trash back to the main island.
- There is no water and electricity on the island, bring your own food, drinking water and other essentials.
- Reservation with Palompon Ecotours is required before going there.
- Reduce and organize your waste. Always practice "leave no trace" principle. Bring all your trash back to the main island.
Damo nga salamat to our friends in Tacloban, Director Karen Tiopes of the Department of Tourism Region VIII (Eastern Visayas) and to Sir Gerry and Ms. Ludette Ruiz of Leyte Gulf Travel and Tours and Calle Z Cafe for making this pre Pintados-Kasadyaan Festival 2013 trip possible.
When is the best time to go to Kalanggaman Island?
The best time to go to Kalanggaman island is during summer and dry months, that is from January to June and November to December. But since, the weather now is so unpredictable, I suggest that even during rainy season in the Philippines, you can still go to Kalanggaman Island. Just be sure that there is no typhoon within the area because you'll need to ride a boat to get there.
How to Get to Kalanggaman Island?The municipality of Palompon is about 3 hours by bus from Tacloban City, and about 2 hours away from Ormoc City. You could hire a pump boat at the Palompon Ecotours Office, boat trip takes about 1 hour depending on sea condition. Please note that you have to coordinate first with the Palompon Ecotours Office for the scheduling of visit to Kalanggaman island.
Kalanggaman Island Tour PackagesBook a special tour package to Kalanggaman Island thru Leyte Gulf Travel and Tours by calling at 0918-938-3960 (mobile) or (63)(53) 321-3197 (landline) or send them an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for inquiries. Like them on Facebook or visit their website at www.leytegulf.callezaragosa.com. Book with them and let them take care of everything!
More photos on Pinoy AdvenTurista's Facebook Page, click here.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|