I've been wanting to do the orange picking in Sagada, but never had a chance during my previous visits. That is why, I am so happy when we were told by Cebu Pacific Air that we will be doing the orange picking at Gamagori Orange Park as part of our 5-day Nagoya Japan Familiarization Tour. Yey!
Gamagori is a seaside city situated at the coast of Mikawa Bay on the Pacific Ocean, in southeastern Aichi Prefecture, Japan. It is frequented by tourists for its Gamagori Orange Park which is a fruit theme park situated among the mountains surrounding Mikawa bay.
Upon arrival at the park, we went to the park's restaurant for lunch.
We had Asari Kamamabushi Gozen set meal which is composed of Asari Kamameshi, Gamagori Udon, Sanma Kabayaki, Eggplant & Huki Hatchomisogake, Asadakiasari, Pickled Vegetables and Muskmelon.
Then we had freshly-squeezed orange juice for our drinks.
After our sumptuous lunch, we went to the vast orange farm where we had the orange picking. It's eat-all-you can! Hahaha! But if you wish to take home some oranges, you can get a small basket and fill it with oranges for around 500 or 600 Yen.
Here's how to pick the oranges:
Though it is called Orange Park, visitors can also enjoy picking of different fruits throughout the year depending on the season. They also have strawberries from January to beginning of May, melons from June to September and grapes starting at the end of June to mid-September.
Before you leave the Gamagori Orange Park, don't forget to drop by the shop at the restaurant where you could buy fresh oranges, dried fish, some souvenir items and different products made from orange.
SEE ALSO: HOW TO APPLY FOR A JAPAN TOURIST VISA IN THE PHILIPPINES (with List of Requirements and Steps in Application)
Gamagori Orange ParkAddress: 1-93 Ogurimi, Seida-cho, Gamagori City, Aichi 443-0002
Contact Number 0533-68-2321 / (0533) 68-1101
For more posts about Japan, click here.
Hotels in Gamagori
Flights from Manila to JapanNagoya is the gateway to Gamagori if you're coming from the Philippines. Cebu Pacific Air, the leading airline in the Philippines, flies between Manila and Nagoya (Chubu Centrair International Airport) every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Ongoing all-in seat sale fares start from P6,388, for travel from December 17, 2015 to March 31, 2016. Book your flights through the CebuPacificAir.com. For updates and seat sale announcements, check out www.facebook.com/cebupacificair.
NOTE: This Nagoya Familiarization Tour was held in October 6-10, 2015 and was organized by Cebu Pacific Air. Thank you for inviting me to be part of this trip!
READ MORE: Japan Series
- TRAVEL TIP: Osaka and Kyoto Japan 4D/3N Tour Itinerary
- THINGS TO DO IN OSAKA: Experience Thrill and Excitement at Universal Studios Japan
- What's the Big Deal about PABLO Cheesecake and Tarts?
- Top 10 Best Things to Do in Nagoya, Japan
- HOW TO APPLY FOR A JAPAN TOURIST VISA IN THE PHILIPPINES (with List of Requirements and Steps in Application)
- HOTELS IN TOYOTA, JAPAN: Hotel Route Inn Toyota Asahigaoka
- THINGS TO DO IN JAPAN: Toyota Museum and Plant Tour in Toyota City in Aichi Prefecture
- Top 5 Best Things To Do at Laguna Ten Bosch in Gamagori, Aichi Japan
- Japanese Food Sample Making at Sample Village Iwasaki in Gujo Hachiman, Gifu Japan
- THINGS TO DO IN JAPAN: Orange Picking at Gamagori Orange Park, Aichi Japan
- THINGS TO DO IN JAPAN: Experiencing Takayama Autumn Festival in Gifu Prefecture
- Walking Tour at Shirakawa-go Village, "A UNESCO World Heritage Site"
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|