After a 4-hour flight from Manila, we arrived in Nagoya Japan at around 9:00 in the evening. We were then checked-in at Tokoyo Inn, which is located just across Chubu Centrair (Nagoya) International Airport. After a restful evening, we were fetched by our tourist bus and brought us to Motomachi Plant in Toyota City in Aichi Prefecture for a Museum and Plant Tour or Toyota's manufacturing facility.
Travel time from Chubu Centrair International Airport to Toyota City takes about an hour to an hour and a half.
Motomachi Plant is Toyota's manufacturing facility that builds and assembles Toyota cars such as Crown, Mark X, Estima, Mirai, LFA.
The Toyota Museum and Plant Tour lets visitors walk through a series of bridges above the workers to see how the assembly line where Toyota Cars are assembled works. Fascinating as they all are, I can't help but be amazed at how they build and assemble a Toyota car. I learned that one car can be assembled in just 22 hours. Amazing!
At the end of the tour, there is this "Play Area" where visitors could test their skills. We tried a series of timed games that will really test your coordination and fast-thinking. I think, most of us enjoyed this part of the plant tour.
Touring one of the world's most fascinating car manufacturing factory is such a wonderful experience I had in Japan.
SEE ALSO: HOW TO APPLY FOR A JAPAN TOURIST VISA IN THE PHILIPPINES (with List of Requirements and Steps in Application)
Some Tips and Reminders
- Advance booking thru their website is required.
- Camera and use of mobile phones are not allowed inside the plant.
- The tour takes about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- The plant tour route is about one kilometer long and includes stairs. Be sure to wear comfortable footwear. Do not wear sandals or high heels.
- Smoking is not permitted in plants.
- The minimum age to participate in plant tours is three years. Children aged three to 12 must be accompanied by an adult. No strollers are allowed.
- Learn and enjoy!
How to Get There?A detailed instruction on how to get there by public transportation and by private car can be found on this LINK.
Flights from Manila to JapanNagoya is the gateway to Toyota City if you're coming from the Philippines. Cebu Pacific Air, the leading airline in the Philippines, flies between Manila and Nagoya (Chubu Centrair International Airport) every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Ongoing all-in seat sale fares start from P6,388, for travel from December 17, 2015 to March 31, 2016. Book your flights through the CebuPacificAir.com. For updates and seat sale announcements, check out www.facebook.com/cebupacificair.
Where to Stay in Toyota City?
Toyota Kaikan Museum and Plant TourAddress: 1 Toyota-cho, Toyota, Aichi Prefecture, 471-8571 Japan
Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Closed: Sundays, company holidays in Jan, May and Aug
Plant Tour Reservation: +81-565-29-3355 (Mon-Fri / 9:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Museum Inquiry +81-565-29-3345 (Mon-Sat / 9:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Website: Toyota Kaikan
NOTE: This Nagoya Familiarization Tour was held in October 6-10, 2015 and was organized by Cebu Pacific Air. Thank you for inviting me to be part of this trip!
READ MORE: Japan Series
- TRAVEL TIP: Osaka and Kyoto Japan 4D/3N Tour Itinerary
- THINGS TO DO IN OSAKA: Experience Thrill and Excitement at Universal Studios Japan
- What's the Big Deal about PABLO Cheesecake and Tarts?
- Top 10 Best Things to Do in Nagoya, Japan
- HOW TO APPLY FOR A JAPAN TOURIST VISA IN THE PHILIPPINES (with List of Requirements and Steps in Application)
- HOTELS IN TOYOTA, JAPAN: Hotel Route Inn Toyota Asahigaoka
- THINGS TO DO IN JAPAN: Toyota Museum and Plant Tour in Toyota City in Aichi Prefecture
- Top 5 Best Things To Do at Laguna Ten Bosch in Gamagori, Aichi Japan
- Japanese Food Sample Making at Sample Village Iwasaki in Gujo Hachiman, Gifu Japan
- THINGS TO DO IN JAPAN: Orange Picking at Gamagori Orange Park, Aichi Japan
- THINGS TO DO IN JAPAN: Experiencing Takayama Autumn Festival in Gifu Prefecture
- Walking Tour at Shirakawa-go Village, "A UNESCO World Heritage Site"
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|