Hinatuan and Bislig are two of the most visited tourist destinations in the province of Surigao del Sur. It offers adventure-seekers and intrepid travelers with marvelous waterfalls, magical river, great sights and breathtaking vistas that will surely keep you at awe for such a long time. There are a lot of sights to behold, things to do and activities to enjoy in Hinatuan and Bislig, you could do waterfalling, swimming, island hopping, beach bumming and more. This travel guide will provide you with basic information on the tourist spots and attractions, how to get there, things to do, where to stay, suggested itinerary and estimated budget that will help you plan your visit. Brace yourself and enjoy one great adventure in Surigao del Sur!
THINGS TO DO, TOURIST SPOTS AND ATTRACTIONS
- Island Hopping to Hagonoy Island
- Visit the International Doll House
- Check out the other waterfalls such as Mendezona, Sibaroy, Kambawi, Canlumawag and Secret Falls
- Enchanted river is connected to the open sea, visitors have the option for island hopping by renting a boat.
- Stay at a fish sanctuary and hostel called "C-Fish Cage N Sand Bars Resort" located in the middle of the sea
- Discover/Intro to Dive in the Enchanted River
- Beach bumming in Cagwait Beach
- Island Hopping in Britania Islands in San Agustin
- Surfing in the town of Lanuza
HOW TO GET TO BISLIG AND HINATUAN, SURIGAO DEL SUR
If you're coming from Manila, you may take a flight to Butuan or Davao City. These are the closest cities (with commercial airports) to Hinatuan and Bislig, Surigao del Sur.
From Butuan City Integrated Bus Terminal, there are non-airconditioned buses bound for Mangagoy in Bislig City. Fare is around 250 pesos and travel time is about 5-6 hours. You may also take a van for around 200 pesos and travel time is also roughly 5 hours. This same bus or van passes by Hinatuan. Fare is 190 pesos and travel time is about 4-5 hours from Butuan City.
Alternatively, you may take an airconditioned bus bound for Davao City and alight at San Franz in Agusan del Sur (2 hours). From there, you may take a van or a non-airconditioned bus to Mangagoy in Bislig City which also passes by the town of Hinatuan.
Via Davao City
From Davao City's Ecoland Bus Terminal, take a Bachelor bus bound for Mangagoy (Bislig City), Surigao del Sur. Fare is around 250 pesos and travel time is roughly 6 hours. First trip is at 2:30 AM with intervals of 1-2 hours. Last trip is at 6:00 PM going to Bislig. From Bislig, there are buses and jeepneys to Hinatuan. Alternatively, from Davao City, you may take a bus to Butuan and alight at the town of Trento and transfer to another bus or van going to Hinatuan which passes by Bislig City.
HOW TO GET TO TINUY-AN FALLS FROM BISLIG CITY
In Bislig City proper, you can find habal-habal (single motorcycles) that offers trips to Tinuy-an Falls. Charter them for about 250-300 pesos per person going to the falls and back to Bislig proper. Travel time is about 45 minutes from Bislig proper to Tinuy-an Falls.
HOW TO GET TO ENCHANTED RIVER FROM HINATUAN PROPER
In Hinatuan, you can find habal-habal (single motorcycles) around the town that offers trips to Enchanted River. Fare is about 50.00 pesos per person per way going to the river. Take note that habal-habal won't leave until it is full. If you wish charter them, it would cost around 200 pesos per habal-habal, per way. Travel time is about 30-45 minutes.
WHERE TO STAY: RECOMMENDED ACCOMMODATION
If you're traveling to Surigao del Sur to see the grandeur of Tinuy-an Falls, Bislig City is the most convenient place for you to stay at as your base. As the commercial center of the province, Bislig has several accommodation options to offer. I recommend "Sleep Inn" located along R.B. Castillo St., Mangagoy. It has several rooms at the first and second level. Room rates starts at 150 pesos (single room) to as much as 750 pesos (triple sharing) per night.
FULL REVIEW: Sleep Inn, "an Affordable and Nice Place to Stay in Bislig City"
NOTE: Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Please verify prices, inclusions, terms, and conditions with the hostel.
OTHER ACCOMMODATIONS IN BISLIG CITY
- Casa de Babano (Caramcam, Mangagoy) - Contact No.: (086) 853 -1297
- Paper Country Inn (Osmena St., Tabon) - Contact Nos.: (086) 853-3079 / (086) 853-4144
- Sheilah’s Pension House (Espiritu St., Mangagoy) - Contact No.: (086) 853-1510
ACCOMMODATIONS IN HINATUAN
- Marky’s Hostel (Hinatuan) - Contact No.: 0928-4397785
- C-Fish Cage N Sand Bars Resort - Contact Nos.: 0915-4184550 / 0910-4303724
SUGGESTED 3 DAYS/2 NIGHTS ITINERARY
- 06:00 AM - Arrive in Butuan City from Manila
- 06:30 AM - 11:00 AM - Travel to Hinatuan
- 11:30 AM - Travel to Enchanted River
- 12:00 NN - Arrive in Enchanted River / Lunch
- 01:00 PM - Explore Enchanted River, Swimming
- 05:00 PM - Leave Enchanted River, depart for Bislig
- 06:30 PM - Arrive in Bislig
- 07:00 PM - Check-in at the hostel
- 08:00 PM - Dinner
- 10:00 PM - Sleep
- 06:00 AM - Wake up, prepare
- 07:00 AM - Breakfast
- 08:00 AM - Depart for Tinuy-an Falls
- 09:00 AM - Arrive at Tinuy-an Falls
- 09:30 PM - Explore, Swim at Tinuy-an Falls
- 12:00 NN - Lunch
- 01:00 PM - Explore, Swim at Tinuy-an Falls
- 04:00 PM - Depart for Bislig City proper
- 05:00 PM - Arrive in Bislig City proper
- 06:00 PM - Freshen-up
- 07:00 PM - Dinner
- 09:00 PM - Sleep
- 06:00 AM - Wake up, prepare for check-out
- 07:00 AM - Travel back to Butuan or Davao City for your flight back to Manila
- 01:00 PM - Arrive in Butuan or Davao, Depart for Manila
NOTE: This is my suggested itinerary for a 3D/2N adventure in Hinatuan and Bislig, Surigao del Sur. You could adjust it based on how many days you want to explore and the places you want to see and experience.
- Bus from Butuan to Hinatuan - PHP 200.00
- Habal-habal to Enchanted River and back (PHP 400/2) - PHP 200.00 / person
- Entrance Fee (Enchanted River) - PHP 30.00
- Jeepney Fare to Bislig - PHP 40.00
- Accommodation in Bislig for 400 per night (PHP 800/2) - PHP 400.00 / person
- Habal-habal to Tinuy-an Falls and back (PHP 500/2) - PHP 250.00 / person
- Entrance Fee (Tinuy-an Falls) - PHP 50.00
- Food Expenses for 3 days (500/day) - PHP 1,500 / person
- Bus fare from Bislig to Butuan or Davao - PHP 250.00
- ESTIMATED TOTAL - PHP 2,890.00 per person
NOTE: These are just the basic expenses for a group of 2 persons, you may add other expenses such as guide fees and tips which is dependent on how many are you in the group. It also didn't include the airfare from Manila to/from Butuan or Davao City.
This is part of my Surigao del Sur Adventure that happened on August 19-21, 2012. Surigao del Sur is the 76th province on my list.
- The Grandeur of Tinuy-an Falls in Bislig
- The Enchanted River of Hinatuan
- Where to Stay in Bislig City: Sleep Inn
- TRAVEL GUIDE: Bislig and Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur
More photos on Pinoy AdvenTurista's Facebook Page, click here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|