Sta. Ana, Cagayan is located in the north eastern tip of Cagayan in northern Luzon. It is a protected landscape and seascape blessed with an awesome scenery offering adventure-seekers and intrepid travelers with great coastlines, a Spanish-era lighthouse, secluded beaches, breathtaking vistas and friendly people. There are a lot of sights to behold, things to do and activities to enjoy in Palaui Island and other islands in Sta. Ana, you could do trekking/hiking to the lighthouse in Palaui Island, island hopping to the beaches, interacting with the locals, beach bumming and more.
This travel guide will provide you with basic information on the tourist spots and attractions, how to get there, things to do, where to stay, suggested itinerary and estimated budget that will help you plan your visit. Brace yourself and enjoy one great adventure in Palaui Island!
THINGS TO DO IN PALAUI ISLAND
- Trek to the Picturesque Cape Engaño Lighthouse in Palaui Island
- Beach Bumming at the Pristine White Sand Beach of Anguib
- Meet the Locals or Trek to the Lighthouse via Punta Verde in Palaui Island
- Explore Crocodile Island
- Other activities: Check Siwangag Cove, Find the hidden waterfalls, snorkeling and scuba diving, fishing, bird watching, sunrise and sunset viewing, hiking, camping, visit Jerolinda beach and Buacag Fall (mainland Sta. Ana), see Gotan mangrove and visit manidad falls, among many other activities in Palaui Island.
HOW TO GET TO STA. ANA, CAGAYAN
By Land: From Manila, take a direct Florida bus bound for Sta. Ana, Cagayan. Buses from Sampaloc terminal leaves daily, check with the bus company for the schedule of trips call (02)743-3809. Travel time takes about 15 hours. Alternatively, you could take a bus bound for Tuguegarao which takes about 10-12 hours; and then transfer to a passenger van or bus going to Sta. Ana. Travel time is 3-4 hours and fare is around 180 pesos.
By Air: Take a plane bound for Tuguegarao City. From there, take a passenger van or bus going to Sta. Ana. Travel time is 3-4 hours and fare is around 180 pesos. Major airlines such a Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific fly daily to Tuguegarao City!
Please note when leaving Sta. Ana, the last bus bound for Manila or Tuguegarao departs at 2:30 PM; while the last van leaves at 2:00 PM.
HOW TO GET TO PALAUI ISLAND AND TO OTHER DESTINATIONS
From the town center of Sta. Ana, take a tricycle to San Vicente port. Look for the visitor's center to register and to rent a boat to your desired destination. Boat rental depends on the location and to how many destinations you would want to visit. Below are the published rates by PASAMOBA (Palaui San Vicente Motor Banca Association) as of February 2013.
A. Long Distances
- Cape Engaño (45 mins, 8 passenger maximum) - PHP 1,800
- Anguib Beach (25 mins, 8 passenger maximum) - PHP 1,500
- Siwangag (30 mins, 8 passenger maximum) - PHP 1,500
- Puzurubo (1 hour, 8 passenger maximum) - PHP 1,800
B. Short Distances
- Jerolinda Resort (10 mins, 8 passenger maximum) - PHP 300
- Crocodile Island (5 mins, 8 passenger maximum) - PHP 500
- Punta Verde (15 mins, 8 passenger maximum) - PHP 750
- Pugo Moro (5 mins, 8 passenger maximum) - PHP 500
Cape Engaño, Anguib Beach. Crocodile Island and Punta Verde - PHP 3,500 (8 passengers maximum)
For Inquiries, you may contact:
Fernando Cabutin - 0935-9966744
Dispatcher - 0947-6340986
WHERE TO STAY IN PALAUI OR STA. ANA CAGAYAN
Since our island hopping adventure will start very early, we decided to check-in at Costales Lodge, which is very near San Vicente Port. To get there, just tell the tricycle driver to drop you at the lodge near Petron Gas Station.
They have several rooms to choose from. Accommodation starts at 600 pesos per night good for 5 persons. The room we got has two double deck beds and 1 extra mattress. It has an air-conditioning unit and private toilet and bath.
Food is not a problem, you could walk for a few meters from the hostel where there are some eateries that serve food.
Contact Number: (+63) 0916-223-9859 / 0915-549-7879
Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Please verify prices, inclusions, terms, and conditions with the hostel.
SUGGESTED PALAUI ISLAND ITINERARY
- Arrive in Tuguegarao by plane at lunch time
- Take a bus/van bound for Sta. Ana
- Arrive in Sta. Ana, take a tricycle to San Vicente Port
- Register at the visitors' office and arrange a boat the island hopping the following day
- Check-in at the hostel
- Go to San Vicente Port
- Depart for Palaui Island
- Trek to Cape Engaño Lighthouse
- Explore, picture taking
- Depart for Anguib Beach
- Beach bumming, swimming, explore
- Lunch at the beach
- Depart for Punta Verde
- Swim or explore the place, meet the locals
- Depart for Crocodile Island
- Swim, explore, climb the rock formation
- Depart for San Vicente Port
- Check-out of the hostel
- Take a tricycle to Sta. Ana town proper
- Take a bus/van to Tuguegarao or Manila
This is my suggested itinerary for a 2-day adventure in Sta. Ana, Cagayan. You could adjust it based on how many days you want to explore and the places you want to see and experience.
ESTIMATED BUDGET AND EXPENSES
- Van / Bus (Tuguegarao-Sta Ana) - 180.00
- Tricycle to San Vicente Port - 15.00 / person
- Registration / Day pass at the visitor's center - 50.00 / person
- Accommodation @ Costales Lodge - 600.00 / night
- Food (2 days) - 500.00 / person
- Boat Rental (Special Trip) - 3,500.00
- Entrance fee in Anguib Beach - 100.00 / head
- Tricycle to town center - 15.00 / person
- Bus/Van (Sta. Ana to Tuguegarao) - 180.00
Please note that these are just the basic expenses for a group of 2 persons, you may add other expenses such as guide fees and tips which is dependent on how many are you in the group. It also didn't include the bus or airfare from Manila to Tuguegarao.
Enjoy awesome adventures in Palaui Island and Sta. Ana Cagayan!
More photos on Pinoy AdvenTurista's Facebook Page, click here.
|This is part of our adventures in Palaui Island and around Sta. Ana, Cagayan last February 6-7, 2013. The town of Sta. Ana in Cagayan offers adventure-seekers the elements of a real adventure trip with a Spanish era lighthouse, awesome beaches, breathtaking panoramas and friendly people. It is truly one great adventure!|
|Map By: Wikipedia|
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|