The month of May is the month for fiestas in the Philippines. One of the most-awaited festivals held during this month is the Pahiyas Festival in Lucban, Quezon. Considered as one of the grandest thanksgiving festivals in the Philippines, it is a celebration of abundant and fruitful harvest in honor of San Isidro Labrador, the "Patron Saint of Farmers". Held every May 15th, Pahiyas Festival 2015 will once again showcase Lucban's bountiful harvest with a grand display of colorful rice wafers (kiping), fruits, vegetables and handicrafts adorning the houses participating in the annual festival.
Are you ready for this year's grand and festive celebration of Pahiyas Festival 2015?
Here is PAHIYAS FESTIVAL 2015 Schedule of Activities
- Morning Mass at San Isidro Labrador Church
- San Isidro Labrador Procession
- Grand Parade featuring a parade of Carabaos, floats, marching bands and street dancers
- Art and photo exhibit
- Awarding of Best Pahiyas Festival House Design and Decors during the afternoon
- Best Lights Design in the evening
- Fireworks Display and Band Performances
It will be a one day event on May 15, 2015 which falls on a Friday. This shall be updated once a more detailed schedule of activities and events becomes available. Save the date of Pahiyas Festival 2015 and be sure to plan your trip ahead of time!
How To Get To Lucban, Quezon From Manila?
On public transportation, you may take the Manila-Calamba-Lucban Route or the Manila-Lucena-Lucban route or the Manila-Sta. Cruz- Lucban route. For a more detailed directions on how to get to Lucban from Manila, you may check this TRAVEL GUIDE.
Things To Do In Lucban, Quezon During Pahiyas 2015
- Join the San Isidro Labrador Procession
- Munch on pancit habhab, grilled kiping, longganisang Lucban, pilipit, buchi and other local delicacies
- Cam whoring at the beautifully decorated houses along the Pahiyas route
- Visit Lucban Cathedral and Kamay ni Hesus Shrine
- Bring home some pasalubong of longganisa, kesong puti and buri hats
- Side Trips to Laguna and other towns of Quezon:
- Kwebang Lampas Beach in Pagbilao, Quezon
- Borawan Beach in Padre Burgos, Quezon
- Dampalitan Beach in Padre Burgos, Quezon
- Majayjay Falls
- Majayjay Church
- Liliw Church
- Shoe and Sandals shopping (Liliw)
- Nagcarlan Church
- Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery
- Join the festivities in other towns of Quezon - the "Agawan Festival" of Sariaya, the "Mayohan Festival" of Tayabas, and the "Araña’t Baluarte Festival" of Gumaca.
Recommended Pahiyas Festival 2015 Day Tour Itinerary
- 03:00 AM - Depart from Manila to Lucban Quezon
- 05:30 AM - Arrive in Lucban, Quezon
- 06:00 AM - Attend the Mass at Lucban Church
- 07:00 AM - Join the Procession in Lucban
- 08:00 AM- 10:30 AM - Visit the houses along the Pahiyas route and take photos
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM - Buy some souvenirs and pasalubong
- 11:30 AM - Have lunch and sample of Lucban's delicacies
- 12:30 PM - Depart for Laguna or to the other towns in Quezon (Side trips to the towns of Majayjay, Nagcarlan and Liliw or Pagbilao and Padre Burgos)
- 07:00 PM - ETD Laguna/Quezon to Manila
- 10:00 PM - ETA Manila
Where To Stay?
It is expected that hotels in Lucban would be fully booked during the festival. It is highly recommended that you book your hotel in advance.
If you love colorful festivals, Pahiyas Festival in Lucban, Quezon should be on your bucket list! It's one of the must-see Filipino celebrations of colors, thanksgiving and abundance you shouldn't miss! Happy Pahiyas Festival 2015!
SEE ALSO: LUCBAN PAHIYAS FESTIVAL 2016 Schedule of Activities, How To Get There, Things To Do and Suggested Itinerary
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|