Are you ready for Luban Quezon's Pahiyas Festival 2016?
It's fiesta season again! And when the month of May comes in, fiestas abound all over the Philippines. One of the most-awaited festivals held during this month is the annual Pahiyas Festival in Lucban, Quezon. It is one of the grandest thanksgiving festival in the Philippines in honor of San Isidro Labrador, the "Patron Saint of Farmers." Pahiyas Festival 2016 happening in May 15, 2016, is considered as the most colorful and most festive festivals in the Philippines which showcases lovely and meticulously adorned houses with colorful kiping or rice wafers, native materials, handicrafts and fresh produce that will surely be a delight to tourists and visitors attending the festivals.
It is a celebration of a bountiful harvest and thanksgiving you shouldn't miss! Held every May 15th, Lucban's Pahiyas Festival 2016 will once again showcase the town's bountiful harvest, and the locals' creativity and ingenuity by decorating their houses with colorful rice wafers (kiping), fruits, vegetables, handicrafts and other farm produce. Aside from that, there are also bazaars and food kiosks along the Pahiyas route and near the town church that will make your Pahiyas Festival 2016 experience more memorable.
Certainly, Pahiyas Festival 2016 is one of the must-see Filipino celebrations of colors, thanksgiving and abundance you shouldn't miss!
How To Get To Lucban, Quezon From Manila?
Via public or private transportation, you may take the Manila-Calamba-Lucban Route or the Manila-Lucena-Lucban route or the Manila-Sta. Cruz- Lucban route.
Via Manila-Calamba-Lucban Route
From Manila, take a bus bound for Sta. Cruz and alight at SM Calamba. Enter SM Calamba and look for the passenger van terminal where you can find the vans bound for Lucban.
Via Manila-Lucena-Lucban Route
From Manila, take a bus bound for Lucena City (Quezon). Several buses have daily trips to Lucena City, their passenger terminals can be found along EDSA-Kamuning in Quezon City, Buendia-Taft, Pasay-EDSA and Araneta Center in Cubao. Upon reaching Lucena Grand Central Terminal, take a Lucban bound jeepney or mini bus. It's just around 45 minute ride from the grand terminal depending on traffic condition. It is advisable to travel early in the morning to avoid heavy traffic congestion leading to the town of Lucban.
Via Manila-Sta. Cruz-Lucban Route
Take a bus going to Sta Cruz, Laguna, fare is around 120 pesos and travel time is 2 hours. There are bus companies located in Cubao or Buendia-Taft Ave. that ply daily the Manila-Sta. Cruz route. Get-off at Sta. Cruz and take a jeepney bound for Lucban.
Via South Luzon Expressway
Take the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and exit at Calamba exit. Pass through the towns of Calamba, Los Baños, Bay, Victoria, Pila, Sta Cruz, Pagsanjan, Cavinti, Luisiana and then to the town of Lucban. It is the first town in Quezon if you take this route.
PAHIYAS FESTIVAL 2016 Schedule of Activities
May 15, 2016 (Sunday)
- Morning Mass at San Isidro Labrador Church
- San Isidro Labrador Procession
- Timpalak Pahiyas
- Grand Parade featuring a parade of Carabaos, floats, marching bands and street dancers
- Timpalak Pahiyas Kutitap - Fireworks Display and Band Performances
May 16, 2016 (Monday)
- Karera ng Kabayo - 9:00 AM at at Brgy. Palola
May 17, 2016 (Tuesday)
- Timpalak Garbo Pa Rin 3 Contest
May 19, 2016 (Thursday)
- Awarding of Best Pahiyas Festival 2016 House Design and Decors - 3:00 PM at Rizal Park
Are you ready for this year's grandest and most festive celebration of Pahiyas Festival 2016? This post shall be updated once a more detailed schedule of activities and events becomes available. Save the dates of the Pahiyas Festival 2016 and be sure to plan your trip ahead of time!
Where To Stay?
Due to the festive season, it is expected that hotels in Lucban would be fully booked during the festival weekend. I suggest that you book your hotel in advance.
There are quite a few hotels in Lucban. If you can't find any available room, you may also check for hotels and resorts in other towns such as Tayabas and Lucena or in Majayjay, Laguna. In Tayabas, Quezon, I highly recommend Graceland Estate and Country Club (Check Rates). To know more about our experience, you may read my full review here.
Suggested Pahiyas Festival 2016 Day Tour Itinerary
- 03:00 AM - Depart from Manila to Lucban Quezon
- 05:30 AM - Arrive in Lucban, Quezon
- 06:00 AM - Attend the Mass at Lucban Church
- 07:00 AM - Join the Procession in Lucban
- 08:00 AM- 10:30 AM - Visit the houses along the Pahiyas route and take photos
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM - Buy some souvenirs and pasalubong
- 11:30 AM - Have lunch and sample of Lucban's delicacies
- 01:00 PM - Visit the houses along the Pahiyas route and take photos
- 04:00 PM - ETD Quezon to Manila
- 08:00 PM - ETA Manila
Things To Do In Lucban, Quezon During Pahiyas 2016
- Join the San Isidro Labrador Procession
- Munch on pancit habhab, grilled kiping, longganisang Lucban, pilipit, buchi and other local delicacies
- Cam whoring at the beautifully decorated houses along the Pahiyas route
- Visit Lucban Cathedral and Kamay ni Hesus Shrine
- Bring home some pasalubong of longganisa, kesong puti and buri hats
- Side Trips to Laguna and other towns of Quezon:
- Kwebang Lampas Beach in Pagbilao, Quezon
- Borawan Beach in Padre Burgos, Quezon
- Dampalitan Beach in Padre Burgos, Quezon
- Majayjay Falls
- Majayjay Church
- Liliw Church
- Shoe and Sandals shopping (Liliw)
- Nagcarlan Church
- Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery
- Join the festivities in other towns of Quezon - the "Agawan Festival" of Sariaya, the "Mayohan Festival" of Tayabas, and the "Araña’t Baluarte Festival" of Gumaca.
Certainly, "Festivals are more fun in the Philippines!" If you love colorful festivals, Pahiyas Festival 2016 in Lucban, Quezon is a must-visit! Happy Pahiyas Festival 2016!
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|