Basco Lighthouse is located in the town of Basco in the province of Batanes. Perched on a hill called Naidi, the place offers one of the most picturesque sites in the island of Batan. Naidi is an old sitio from the Ivatan words, "Na" which means past and "Idi" meaning settlement. The hills affords a spectacular panoramic view of Baluarte Bay, Basco town, Mount Iraya and the rolling hills of Batan Island. The lighthouse can easily be reached by foot via a 1.2 kilometer hike from the Port of Basco.
The lighthouse which was first lit in 2003 is made of reinforced concrete and conical in shape. Visitors can climb it through a spiral staircase inside the lighthouse. A viewing deck on the fifth floor affords tourists and visitors a 360-degree view of the surroundings.
It is also the site of the American period telegraph facilities which is now a ruin and was converted into a cafe called Bunker's Cafe. The best time to visit Basco Lighthouse is during sunset as the lush greens and the open sea provide a beautiful backdrop for a very nice sunset photo.
MORE OF BATANES:
- Where to Stay in Basco, Batanes: Marfel's Lodge
- Batan Island North Tour (Day 1)
- Sabtang Island Tour (Day 2)
- Batan Island South Tour (Day 3)
- Where to Eat in BATANES: Pension Ivatan Hometel and Restaurant
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Bunker's Cafe at Naidi Hills, Basco Batanes
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Paypanapanayan Canteen in Sabtang Island
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Marconines Canteen in Racuh A Payaman
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Vatang Grill and Restaurant in Ivana
- What to Buy in Batanes - Souvenirs and Pasalubong
More photos on Pinoy AdvenTurista's Facebook Page, click here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|