An awesome way to end our first day in Batanes is to savor on a sumptuous dinner at Bunker's Cafe. As the name suggests, it's used to be a bunker during the American occupation which was converted into a cozy restaurant. Obviously, one of the best things about Bunker's Cafe is its location. This small restaurant is located in Naidi Hills beside Basco lighthouse; it is closed at day time and only opens at around 6:00 in the the evening. At Bunker's Cafe, diners are treated with the best view of Batanes sunset during dinner time as well as moonlit dining perfect for those romantic dates. So, if you're looking for where to eat in Batanes, check out Bunker's Cafe.
- Travel Tip: A Guide on Planning a Trip to Batanes
- Where to Stay in Basco, Batanes: Marfel's Lodge
- Batan Island North Tour
- Sabtang Island Tour
- Batan Island South Tour
- Where to Eat in BATANES: Pension Ivatan Hometel and Restaurant
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Paypanapanayan Canteen in Sabtang Island
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Marconines Canteen in Racuh A Payaman
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Vatang Grill and Restaurant in Ivana
- What to Buy in Batanes - Souvenirs and Pasalubong
Together with our new-found friends whom we met at the homestay facility where we are staying, we walked for about 20 minutes from Marfel's Lodge to get to Bunker's Cafe. Since reservation is needed to dine here, our food were already prepared when we arrived. Guests can choose to dine inside or outside the restaurant where a few tables were set up. We chose the latter for that al-fresco dining experience.
It was windy and chilly night so be sure to bring your jacket so you won't end up chilling all night. Here are the dishes we had for dinner. Forgive me, I lost the names of these dishes. Hahaha!
Bunker's Cafe offers not only beautiful views but also delectable dishes you'll surely like. I love all of the dishes we had! Bunker's Cafe is definitely a recommended restaurant in Batanes.
This is part of my 5-day trip to Batanes that happened on May 6-10, 2013. Batanes is the 79th province on my list.
- Planning a trip to Batanes? Read this practical Travel Guide on: "How to Plan a Trip to Batanes on a Budget"
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|