Finding an accommodation is one important factor in planning a trip. For me, it has to be affordable, clean, safe and budget-friendly. As long as it meets all of these criteria, I'm happy with it. Batanes has several hotels, inns, lodges, hostels and home-stay facilities that you could choose from. Where to Stay in Basco, Batanes? In Basco, accommodation starts at 1,200 pesos per room/night for hotels, while lodges, hostels and inns range from 200 to 600 pesos per night.
- Travel Tip: A Guide on Planning a Trip to Batanes
- Batan Island North Tour
- Sabtang Island Tour
- Batan Island South Tour
- Where to Eat in BATANES: Pension Ivatan Hometel and Restaurant
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Bunker's Cafe at Naidi Hills, Basco Batanes
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Paypanapanayan Canteen in Sabtang Island
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Marconines Canteen in Racuh A Payaman
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Vatang Grill and Restaurant in Ivana
- What to Buy in Batanes - Souvenirs and Pasalubong
During my recent trip to Batanes, 2 months ago, it wasn't hard to decide where we will stay because our guide, Ryan, already arranged it for us. I just told him what I'm looking for and my budget; then he suggested Marfel's Lodge. If you're on a budget travel, I highly suggest that you stay in a homestay facility.
Marfel's Lodge is one of the newest home-stay facilities located near Basco airport. It's a 2-storey house located just a few blocks away (an easy 5-minute walk) from the airport. It is owned and managed by an Ivatan resident Felomena Fitero, you may call her Ate Fe.
FACILITIES AND AMENITIES
- 2 bedrooms which could accommodate up to 3 persons per room
- Each bedroom has 1 queen and single-sized bed
- A small living room and a terrace at the 2nd floor
- Common toilet and bath at the ground floor with complimentary bath towel and soap
- A kitchen equipped with cooking set, refrigerator and dining utensils
- Living room with television set
- Dining area
- A terrace at the ground floor with chairs and table
- Spacious Garden
- WIFI connection
- Room cleaning service
- Airport Transfers
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT MARFEL'S LODGE
- The house is new and cleaned everyday. Rooms are clean as well.
- It has all the basic amenities, it's just like staying at your own home.
- Water is never a problem.
- It's near Pension Ivatan Restaurant, one of the best places to eat Ivatan cuisines.
- You can shop for food and you are free to use the kitchen to cook your own food.
- It only has 2 rooms, so if the other room is not occupied, you practically have the whole house all to your group or to yourself.
- If there are other guests, it's a perfect time to meet fellow travelers and perhaps join them in their tours or invite them in your tour around Batanes.
ROOM RATES (as of May 2013)
- Air-conditioned Room: 1,000 pesos per night (good for 3 persons)
- Fan Room: 700 pesos per night (good for 3 persons)
Operator: Felomena Fitero (Ate Fe)
Address: Basco Batanes
Mobile Number: 0908-8931475
The owner, Ate Fe is genuinely nice. She will check on you everyday if there are anything that you might need. If you get to talk to her, please give my regards. Pretty please? Thank you and enjoy your trip in Batanes!
Planning a trip to Batanes? Read this practical Travel Guide on: "How to Plan a Trip to Batanes on a Budget"
This is part of my 5-day trip to Batanes that happened on May 6-10, 2013. Batanes is the 79th province on my list.
- Planning a trip to Batanes? Read this practical Travel Guide on: "How to Plan a Trip to Batanes on a Budget"
More photos on Pinoy AdvenTurista's Facebook Page, click here.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|