On our Sabtang Island day tour held on our 2nd in Batanes, we had our lunch at Paypanapanayan Canteen. It is a small and cozy canteen situated along Morong beach where the famed Mayahaw arch and Nakabuang Cave are located. Set on a verdant surroundings, this is a common dining place for tourists visiting the island. At Paypanapanayan Canteen guests are treated not only with great tasting sea food, but with a breathtaking view of the beach as well.
- Travel Tip: A Guide on Planning a Trip to Batanes
- Where to Stay in Basco, Batanes: Marfel's Lodge
- Batan Island North Tour
- Sabtang Island Tour
- Batan Island South Tour
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Pension Ivatan Hometel and Restaurant in Basco
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Bunker's Cafe at Naidi Hills, Basco Batanes
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Marconines Canteen in Racuh A Payaman
- Where to EAT in BATANES: Vatang Grill and Restaurant in Ivana
- What to Buy in Batanes - Souvenirs and Pasalubong
Since it was pre-arranged by our guide, our lunch were already prepared when we arrived. It is an array of fresh vegetables and seafoods served on breadfruit leaves. For dessert, we had "bukayo", the best bukayo I've tasted so far.
So, if you're visiting Sabtang Island, be sure to tell your guide to bring you to Paypanapanayan Canteen for lunch.
This is part of my 5-day trip to Batanes that happened on May 6-10, 2013. Batanes is the 79th province on my list.
- Planning a trip to Batanes? Read this practical Travel Guide on: "How to Plan a Trip to Batanes on a Budget"
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|