Baguio City's Panagbenga Flower Festival is one of the most attended festivals in the Philippines held annually in the City of Pines, Baguio City. Now on its 20th year with the theme "Across 20 Years of Blossoming Together," it will run for 5 weeks starting February 1, 2015. It is a festival to celebrate not only the "season of blooming" of flowers but also the booming economy and prosperity of the City of Baguio. Several events and activities are lined up for the Panagbenga Festival 2015 including the Grand Street Dancing Parade, Drum and Lyre Band Competition, Baguio Blooms Exhibition and the much-awaited Grand Flower Float Parade!
Held every February, Panagbenga Festival 2015 will showcase street dancing presentation by dancers in flower-inspired costumes as well as colorful floats decorated with flowers paraded along the major streets of Baguio City. This year's highlight are scheduled on February 28, 2015 for the Grand Street Dancing Parade and on March 1, 2015 for the Grand Flower Float Parade. Be sure to mark your calendars and save the dates of the Panagbenga Festival 2015!
Panagbenga 2015 Calendar of Events from February 1 to March 8, 2015
- February 1, 2015 - Opening parade with street dancing and lyre and drum competition
- February 1, 2015 - Start of 5 week Baguio Blooms Exhibition at Lake Drive, Burnham Park
- February 15, 2015 - Handog ng Panagbenga sa Pamilya Baguio at Melvin Jones Arena (Features "Let A Thousand Flowers Bloom", family painting activity, Kite Flying Challenge, variety show and fireworks display.)
- February 19, 2015 - Chinese Spring Festival
- February 20-22, 2015 - PMA Grand Alumni Homecoming
- February 28, 2015 - Grand Street Dancing Parade
- March 1, 2015 - Grand Flower Float Parade
- March 1-8, 2015 - Session Road In Bloom (The most popular street in Baguio will be closed to traffic to allow pedestrians to walk freely and enjoy the various food and non-food products and entertainment on offer.)
- March 7, 2015 - Pony Boys' Day (Entertainment, horse back riding shows and competition.)
- March 8, 2015 - Closing Ceremonies and Grand Fireworks Display
This post shall be updated as soon as there are changes in the schedule of activities.
10 Things To Do in (and near) Baguio City before/after Panagbenga Festival
- For first-timers, visit Baguio's famous tourist attractions:
- Burnham Park
- The Mansion
- Wright Park
- Teachers Camp
- Panagbenga Park
- Bell Church
- Botanical Garden
- Philippine Military Academy
- Mines View Park
- Lion’s Head
For a more detailed post, it's HERE!
How to Get to Baguio City?
From Manila, take a Victory Liner bus bound for Baguio City. Victory Liner has hourly trips to Baguio City. Terminals can be found in Pasay, Cubao or Sampaloc. Fare is around 450 pesos and travel time is 5-6 hours.
For a more detailed post on how to get to Baguio City by bus or private vehicle, click HERE!
Where to Stay in Baguio City?
Baguio City has a wide selection of affordable and high quality hotels, hostels, guest/pension houses and inns for you to stay in! As a top tourist destination you'll definitely find one that suits your needs, whether a high-end hotel, mid-range hostel, a transient house and cheap accommodations. Due to the festive season it is suggested that you plan your Panagbenga Festival 2015 trip in advance. Book for your accommodation as early as now as the accommodations in the city tend to become fully-booked on the festival week.
Where to Stay in Baguio City? Here are my recommendations which I have personally tried:
- Azalea Residences [BOOK A ROOM HERE!]
- Upstairs Bed and Bath [BOOK A ROOM HERE!]
- Inn Rocio [BOOK A ROOM HERE!]
- Microtel by Wyndham Baguio [BOOK A ROOM HERE!]
Useful Contact Details of the organizers of Panagbenga Festival 2015
Session Road in Bloom
Hotel & Restaurant Assoc. of Baguio - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: (074) 619-2050
Landscaping Exhibition and Exposition
Street Dance Parade & Float Parade
Email Address:email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 2nd Floor BCVB Bldg. Abad Santos Drive, Burnham Park, Baguio City
Contact Number: (074) 442-4315
Email Address: email@example.com
Let a thousand flowers bloom and enjoy Baguio City's Panagbenga Festival!
Photos were used with permission from Rob Pinzon of www.robinspinzon.com and www.palibut.com.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|