Goodbye summer! Hello rainy season! Yes, rainy season in the Philippines had started. But that should not stop you from exploring and traveling around our 7,107 islands. Prices are lower during the rainy season, airfares are on sale, hotels and resort are on lowest rates. For me, rainy season is also the best time to explore. There are activities best enjoyed during rainy season. Here are some of my suggested places to visit and activities to do during this time of the year.
This article gives suggestions on the Top Activities in the Philippines During Rainy Season, Things to do During the Rainy Season in the Philippines, Fun Activities to Do in the Philippines During the Rainy Season, Places to Travel to During the Rainy Season and Tips on Travelling in the Philippines During The Rainy Season.
Top Things to do in the Philippines this Rainy Season
Rainy season is the best time to surf! During the monsoon months or habagat season, that is from October to January, surfers (experienced or not) flock the different surfing destinations in the country - from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao!. Check out the many surfing spots in the Philippines where riding the waves is such a wonderful experience!
- Crystal Beach, San Narciso Zambales
- San Juan, La Union 2015
- Gubat Bay, Gubat Sorsogon
- Bagasbas Beach, Daet Camarines Norte
- Dahican Beach, Mati Davao Oriental
- Blue Lagoon, Pagudpud Ilocos Norte
- Siargao Island, Surigao del Norte
- Puraran Beach, Baras Catanduanes
- Sitio Liw-Liwa, San Felipe Zambales
- Sabang Beach, Baler Aurora
- San Juan, La Union
2. WATER RAFTING / KAYAKING / TUBING
Rainy season brings stronger rapids and water levels on a higher level. That's why water activities such as rafting, kayaking and tubing are just some of the adrenaline pumping experiences that you should try during this season. Just take caution when there is heavy rainfall where flash flood could possibly happen.
Here are some of places where you could try these activities:
- Davao Wild Water Adventure in Davao City
- Whitewater rafting in Cagayan de Oro
- Chico River, Kalinga's Whitewater rafting
- River rafting and Water Tubing in Magdalena Laguna
- Water Tubing in Saranggani
- River Kayaking at Tibiao Antique
3. SWIM IN HOT SPRINGS
Hot springs have warm therapeutic waters which are popular destination especially during the cold months. Enjoy a rejuvenating swim in the many hot spring resorts in the country where swimming is more fun during rainy season! Here are some hot spring resorts that you can try:
- Pansol Hot Springs in Laguna
- Asin Hot Springs in Tuba Benguet
- Maquinit Hot Spring in Coron Palawan
- Mainit Hot Spring in BIliran
- Irosin Hot Spring Resorts in Sorsogon
- Ardent Hot Spring Resorts in Camiguin
- Marinduque Hot Spring Resorts in Buenavista Marinduque
- Mambukal Resort in Murcia Negros Occidental
- Lake Agco Mountain Resort in Kidapawan City, North Cotabato
4. INDOOR SPORTS/ACTIVITIES
If rain is unstoppable, try indoor sports such as indoor wall climbing, indoor ball games, LazerXtreme, badminton and other sports. It will surely sweat you out even during the cold months.
Wakeboarding is one of the fastest growing watersports in the Philippines. There are a number of locations where to wakeboard in the country. Head to Camsur WaterSports Complex in Camarines Sur, Republ1c Wakepark in Nuvali in Sta Rosa Laguna, Lago del Oro in Calatagan Batangas, Deca Wakeboard Park in Davao City or to Clark Wakeboard Park in Pampanga. Get wet and have an adrenaline pumping ride at the different wakeboarding facilities in the country.
6. CULINARY TOUR AROUND THE PHILIPPINES
Why not have a tour around the Philippines with your taste buds? Cook some of the delectable Filipino cuisines at home with your family and friends. Try Cagayan's Pancit Batil Patung, Vigan's Empanada, Quezon's Lucban Longanisa and Pancit Habhab, Iligan City's Halang-halang, Isabela's Pancit Cabagan and many others. Go on a food experience and discover the flavors of the Philippines through our variety of sumptuous dishes. It is surely a fun activity.
7. SWIM IN INDOOR POOLS
If the rains outside is just too hard for you to get out, why not consider a staycation in one of the best hotels in Metro Manila with in indoor swimming pool? These hotels in Metro Manila offer not just amazing guest rooms to stay-in but also an awesome experience in their lovely indoor swimming pools that will surely be a delight to everyone!
Indoor Swimming Pools in Metro Manila Hotels that are Perfect for your Rainy Season Getaway
- Marco Polo Hotel Ortigas
- Makati Diamond Residences
- Discovery Suites Ortigas
- Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Manila
- KL Tower Serviced Residences
MORE INFO: Indoor Swimming Pools in Metro Manila Hotels
Don't ever let the rainy days stop you from traveling. Tara! Let's enjoy the rainy season in the Philippines! :)
How about you? What are the activities you love doing when it's raining?
This post was updated on October 15, 2016.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|