Relatively unknown, Tibiao is fast becoming an eco-adventure destination in the province of Antique. Several exciting activities are now being offered to the delight of thrill-seeking and nature loving tourists on this side of Panay island. The rugged terrains and the panoramic beauty of this town is something the province can be proud of. Just two and a half hours away from Boracay, a visit to Tibiao will definitely give anyone a fun and memorable experience that will surely last a lifetime.
So what's with Tibiao? What are the exciting activities that can be done here?
1. Check in at Kayak InnWhat could be more wonderful than to wake up in the morning with the rushing sound of the river? Cool ayt? Experience living in a bahay kubo for only 500 pesos per night which is good for 4 persons. You may contact Shiela Endrico of Kayak Inn at 0905-906-2380 or 0930-127-5197 for inquiries and reservations. [ Click HERE to BOOK a room at Kayak Inn! ]
2. River trekking and swimming at Tibiao RiverJust a few steps away from Kayak Inn, you can enjoy the cool and refreshing waters of the river with water coming from Bugtong-Bato waterfalls. Hop from one rock to another and swim in its crystal clear water. I definitely had so much fun swimming here.
3. River KayakingThe rushing water and stiff rapids of the Tibiao River is perfect for kayaking. Too bad, I wasn't able to try it out since I arrived late at the site. Definitely, this is something I have to do when I come back in Tibiao. You can get this activity also from Kayak Inn.
4. Kawa Hot BathThis is the main reason I wanted to visit Tibiao. Since I saw it on TV, I got curious and excited to try it out. This is definitely a great relief after traveling for almost 5 days now.
The kawa is a huge fryer that was transformed into a tub where one can enjoy a hot bath. It relaxes and soothes tired muscles. The leaves put into the water is said to cure some skin disorders and adds aroma for a relaxing bath. So if you want to experience the feeling of "being cooked" with real fire underneath, the Kawa Hot Bath is a must-do activity when visiting Tibiao.
5. Cross a Hanging FootbridgeExperience extreme adrenalin rush as you cross the swaying hanging footbridge located just a few steps from the Inn. Stop at the middle and enjoy the view of the Tibiao river gushing underneath.
6. Enjoy a relaxing Fish SpaLocated along the National Highway, the Tibiao Fish Spa is considered as the most affordable fish spa in the world at only 100 pesos per 30 minutes. Using locally bred "TheraFish", a visit to the spa will definitely provide you a relaxing sensation as hundreds of little fishes nibbles those calluses and cuticles away from your feet.
HOW TO GET TO TIBIAO, ANTIQUETibiao is approximately 4 hours away from Iloilo City or 2 hours away from Caticlan (Boracay) or Kalibo (Aklan) via a private vehicle or a public bus. From Iloilo City, you can take a bus bound for Libertad, Antique (via San Jose) or if you're coming from Caticlan, you can take a bus bound for San Jose. Alight at Brgy. Importante in Tibiao and from there, take a habal-habal going to Kayak Inn.
This is my visit to the town of Tibiao in the province of Antique that happened last February 11, 2012. Antique is the 53rd province on my list and these activities happend on day 4 of my "5-day Panay Island adventure". Join me as I experience some of the exciting activities in Tibiao!
|Map By: Wikipedia|
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|