I know your eyes glisten upon hearing the words such as "Piso Fare" or "Seat Sale." Wanting to know how to book that cheap airline tickets? Here are some of my tried and tested tips and tricks!
1. Plan and book ahead of timeBooking your airline tickets several months ahead of your scheduled trip costs a lot cheaper. Most local airlines offer very cheap seat sale promos with travel period six months to a year in advance, so better plan your trips ahead of time and book your tickets in advance.
2. Choose your travel dates wiselyWhen booking your tickets, consider flying on weekdays instead of weekends as they tend to be cheaper. As I have observed, Tuesday and Wednesday are most cost-effective while Fridays and Saturdays are the most expensive. Also, don't book your trip on dates with festivals, it is more expensive than the regular rates and usually not part of the seat sale.
3. Be in the know with the latest seat sale promosSubscribe to airline email list that will send you alerts on upcoming seat sale and promos. Follow the airlines' social media accounts - Facebook, Instgram and Twitter - so you will know if there will be or if there's an ongoing seat sale. Also, local airlines (specially Cebu Pacific) usually offer seat sale during national holidays and important occasions. Be sure anticipate the seal sale.
4. Book in the wee hours in the morningAirline seat sale usually starts at 12 midnight. The best time to book is during the wee hours of the day when most of the people who crave for seat sale tickets are still sleeping. Hahaha!
5. Book early morning or late evening flightsBased on my experience, very early morning and late night flights are cheaper than those scheduled on day time. It's a lot of effort getting up very early or even not sleeping at all just to get to the airport at 2 or 3 in the morning. But it's okay, flying at 4 in the morning is cheaper.
6. Clear your web browser's cache and cookiesTo make sure you're getting the best prices when you book airline tickets online, clear your web browser's cookies and cache. These cookies are used to track your recent activities. When an airline website detects that you really want these airfare or you need to fly to that destination, and could "guess" that you might be willing to pay a bit more for that flight. So, clearing your computer's cache and cookies could really make a lot of difference.
7. Be mindful of additional charges when bookingBe sure not to get baggage allowance, insurance or in-flight meals if you don't need it. This will save you a lot on airfare.
8. Book quickly on the first day of seat saleI always get cheap airfares during seat sales, maybe because I book early. The moment the airline annouces that there's a seat sale (which I have anticipated), I quickly book my flight on the first 3 hours of the seat sale.
9. Choose a "not-so-popular" destinationDuring seat sale, the popular destinations such as Cebu, Boracay (Caticlan), Davao and Palawan are being sold out so quickly. So if you can't find a cheap airfare in these destinations, choose a no-so-popular destination.
10. Consider flying with 2 different airlinesSometimes, the airfare going to your destination is on seat sale, while the ticket going back is so expensive. The best that you can do is "mix and match" airlines. Consider flying on two different airlines for your going and returning flights. I've been doing this in my previous travels and it saved me a lot on airfares.
Want to add more tips? Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
And oh! Don't forget to SHARE this to your friends! Happy booking!
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|