Tired of the usual dinners and movie dates? Looking for fun new experiences to try with your significant other? For a truly adventurous date, why not make plans this weekend for a trip out of town? Try something healthy and "outdoorsy", not the usual summer places in Manila you've been visiting repeatedly. Here, we've got six spectacular day hike destinations that are just a few hours' drive away from the city.
Top 6 Hiking Spots Near Manila Ideal For Romantic Dates
1. Laguna: Mt. MakilingNamed after the famous local legend of Maria Makiling, this mountain and forest reserve is one of the most popular hiking spots south of the metro. While the forest is the main reason many people flock here, the views you experience from certain parts of the mountain are not to be missed either. Start your hike at the popular UP Los Baños trail and bond with your boyfriend or girlfriend against nature’s backdrop. Just remember to watch out for muddy paths, thorny plants, and leeches!
2. Batangas: Mt. BatulaoJust over an hour's drive away from Metro Manila, Batangas is practically heaven for nature lovers due to its abundance of local hiking destinations. Highly recommended by enthusiasts like PinoyMountaineer.com, Nasugbu's Mt. Batulao features rolling hills and scenic trails as far as the eye can see. If you want to share the majesty of Middle Earth with your SO without buying plane tickets to New Zealand, Mt. Batulao is a respectable alternative.
3. Batangas: Mt. MaculotOur next hiking spot is also located in Batangas, this time somewhere to the southeast in the town of Cuenca. Mt. Maculot is one of the town’s major draws, and is just a few kilometers away from the banks of another beloved tourist attraction, Taal Lake. Considered much more beginner-friendly than Mt. Batulao, Mt. Maculot is the perfect destination for you and your sweetheart to take breathtaking photos you can enjoy for years to come.
4. Bulacan: Mt. ManalmonAnother beginner-friendly hike, Mt. Manalmon is located further up north in San Miguel, Bulacan. Like Mt. Makiling, Mt. Manalmon also comes with its own colorful local legends – this time involving star-crossed lovers, mythical creatures, and an unlucky deer. The best part? You and your darling can go exploring at the spectacular Madlum River and Caves nearby after the climb. And if there’s one neat date idea that'll guarantee a date, it's spelunking.
5. Cavite: Mt. Palay-PalayAlso widely known as Mt. Pico de Loro (not to be confused with the exclusive resort), Mt. Palay-Palay is located in Maragondon and can be accessed from Ternate, Cavite. While one of the more challenging hikes on this list, it's also one of the most rewarding. Trek down the trails leading to the Monolith, a.k.a. the "Parrot's Beak," then make your way to the summit. Trust us; the magnificent view from the top is one memory you will carry with you forever.
6. Bataan: Mt. MarivelesLast but not least, we have Mt. Mariveles all the way up in the Zambales Mountains in Bataan. This climb is definitely not for the faint of heart, but it's bound to be an unforgettable adventure that'll make all future dates look a lot less exciting. Choose from one of several peaks to climb at this ridge – Pantingan Peak (the highest point at Mount Mariveles) and the challenging Tarak Ridge stand out. You can get drinking water from Papaya River and stay protected from the heat with the mountain's forest cover.
Before you make the long drive south or north (depending on where you plan to go), make sure you plan ahead and get all the necessities ready for your trip. If you or your companion are inexperienced in hiking, do research on what to expect during the climb and bring equipment suited for the treks up steep mountainsides or down slippery paths.
The actual drive to your destination will also need a lot of pre-planning. Read up on the www.moneymax.ph/car-insurance best car insurance prices and emergency repairs you may need to prepare for the road. Start planning your travel route, departure times, and overnight accommodations for convenience. But above all, don't forget to have fun!
AUTHOR BIO:Kyle Kam is an online marketing specialist for Moneymax, the Philippines' leading financial comparison website. Whenever he's not working, he's busy at home watching MMA videos the whole day. You may follow him on Twitter @undisputedkyle
NOTE: This post is from one of our contributors. Any views expressed do not necessarily reflect the views on www.pinoyadventurista.com.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|