"Visita Iglesia" is an old-age tradition observed by the Catholic faithful during holy week to reflect on the Passion of Christ. For this Lenten season, if you're visiting the province of Batangas, here are 16 beautiful churches in Batangas where you could do your Lenten Visita Iglesia and stations of the cross. This Visita Iglesia guide covers the towns of Sto. Tomas, San Jose, Bauan, Sta. Teresita, Taal, Calaca, Balayan and Nasugbu, as well as the cities of Tanauan, Lipa and Batangas City.
Here are some churches to visit if you want to do a visita iglesia in Batangas:
1. St. Thomas Aquinas Parish – Sto. TomasAddress: 210 Gen Malvar Ave. Sto Tomas, Batangas
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 318-1206
2. Padre Pio Parish and National Shrine - Sto. TomasAddress: San Pedro, Sto. Tomas, Batangas
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 405 – 9527
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
6:30 AM (Parish)
Wednesdays and Fridays
5:30 PM (Parish)
6:00 AM (Parish)
8:30 AM, 4:30 PM (Shrine)
3. St. John the Evangelist Cathedral – TanauanAddress: F. Laurena St., Tanauan City
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 778-1036
4. San Sebastian Cathedral – Lipa CityAddress: CM Recto Ave., Poblacion, Lipa City
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 981-1160
5. Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church – Lipa CityAddress: P. Torres Street, Poblacion, Lipa City
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 756-2234
6. Saint Joseph the Patriarch ChurchAddress: San Jose, Batangas
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 726 – 2201
7. Simbahan ng Santissima Trinidad – Batangas CityAddress: National Hi-way, Pallocan Silangan, Batangas City (near SM City)
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 984–1109 / 723 – 6239
8. Basilica of the Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception – Batangas CityAddress: M. H. Del Pilar St., Batangas City
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 723-1484
Related Post: Ala Eh! Batangas City-eh!
9. Parish of the Immaculate Conception – BauanAddress: Kap Ponso St., Bauan Batangas
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 727-1367
10. Archdiocesan Shrine of St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face – Sta. TeresitaAddress: Sta. Teresita, Batangas
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 772-0333
11. Minor Basilica of St. Martin of Tours – Taal"Asia's Biggest Catholic Church"
Address: Poblacion, Taal Batangas
Related Post: The Well-preserved Spanish Colonial Town of Taal
12. Our Lady of Caysasay – TaalAddress: Labac, Taal, Batangas
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 421-3035
Related Post: The Our Lady of Caysasay Shrine and Sacred Well of Sta. Lucia in Taal
13. Parish of St. Raphael – CalacaAddress: Poblacion, Calaca Batangas
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 424-0351
14. Parish of the Immaculate Conception – Balayan"A National Cultural Treasure"
Address: Plaza Mabini St., Balayan Batangas
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 211-4371
Related Post: "Parada ng Lechon 2013" in Balayan Batangas
15. St. Francis Xavier Parish Church – NasugbuAddress: JP Laurel St., Nasugbu Batangas
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 931-5186
16. Chapel of the Transfiguration – NasugbuAddress: Caleruega Rd., Brgy. Kaylaway, Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas
Phone/Contact Number: (043) 706-0348 / (0921) 270-9890 / (0921) 830-4226
SEE ALSO: Best Hotels and Resorts in Batangas
Suggested RouteFrom Manila, you could start on the eastern side of Batangas by visiting the church in Sto. Tomas then proceed southwards to Tanauan, Lipa, San Jose and Batangas City. Afterwards, you could proceed westward to the towns of Bauan, Sta. Teresita, Taal, Calaca and all the way to Balayan. Then go northwards to Nasugbu and then back to Manila.
This list of churches can serve as your guide in planning a Visita Iglesia in Batangas this Lenten Season. If you're planning to stay in Batangas during holy week, click HERE to SEARCH for Hotels and Resorts in Batangas!
- 7 Churches in Manila to Visit for Visita Iglesia
- 12 Churches in Cavite to Visit for Visita Iglesia
- 14 Churches in Laguna to Visit for Visita Iglesia
Since you're already in Batangas, why not go to Batangas Port and travel all the way to Romblon? How? Here's a detailed step by step travel guide on how to het to Romblon.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|