Happy Masskara Festival 2015!
It's time again for the "happiest festival" in the Philippines! Bacolod City's Masskara Festival is one of the much-awaited and most-attended festivals in the country held every 3rd week of October in the "City of Smiles!" MASSKARA FESTIVAL is a festival of smiles where colorful masks are worn to show the happy spirit of the Negrenses.
This year's Masskara Festival 2015 highlights are happening on October 16-17, 2015 with the lively and colorful street dancing and arena dance competitions for the school and barangay categories.
There are a lot of events lined up for the Masskara Festival 2015 starting with the Opening Salvo on October 1st and will last until the festival weekend on the 3rd week of October and Bacolod City's Charter Day celebration on October 19th!
Masskara Festival 2015 Highlights
- October 16, 2015 (Friday) - MassKara Festival 2015 Street Dancing and Arena Competition (Schoolw Category)
- October 17, 2015 (Saturday) - MassKara Festival 2015 Street Dancing and Arena Competition (Barangay Category)
- October 19, 2015 (Monday) - Bacolod City Charter Day Celebrations
Masskara Festival 2015 Schedule of Activities
Oct 1 - Opening Salvo: MassKara, Kari na!
Oct 9-11 - ExtreMassKara (MassKara goes Extreme)
Oct 10-11 - MassKara by the Sea
Oct 12 - MassKara Queen Pageant and Coronation Night
Oct 14 - MassKara in the Sky
Oct 15-19 - MassKaraLand
Oct 16 and 18 - ODD MassKaraVan
Oct 16 - Arena and Street Dancing Competition (Schools)
Oct 17 - Arena and Street Dancing Competition (Barangays)
Oct 17 - Electric MassKara (Elimination)
Oct 18 - Electric MassKara (Finals), Charter Day Countdown & Grand Fireworks
Oct 19 - Bacolod City 77th Charter Day (Misa nga Bayan, Boodle Breakfast, MassKaRaffle, Parade, Banwahanon Awards, MassKara Awarding, Closing & Grand Fireworks)
Mark your Calendars and save the dates of Masskara Festival 2015!
How to Get to Bacolod City?
- Bacolod City, the Capital of Negros Occidental is an hour plane ride from Manila or 30 minutes by air from Cebu City. Major airlines fly several times daily to Bacolod City from Manila and Cebu.
- By sea it is an 18-hour ferry ride from Manila or if you're coming from Iloilo, it is an hour ferry ride.
- By land and sea, it is 7 hours away from Cebu City.
How to Get in and Out of Bacolod-Silay Airport?The Bacolod-Silay International Airport is located 15 kilometers northeast of Bacolod City, in Barangay Bagtic in Silay City. Due to its location, getting in and out of the airport is quite a challege especially for first-timers. You may checkout my detailed post in "How to Get in and Out of Bacolod-Silay Airport" by clicking HERE.
Where to Stay in Bacolod City?Bacolod City offers a lot of affordable and high quality hotels, guest/pension houses and inns for you to stay in during Masskara Festival 2015. But due to the high volume of tourists and visitors during the festival, getting a decent place to stay is quite a challenge. It is highly suggested that you book your accommodation as early as possible or a few months before the festival. Here are some of the places where I've stayed during my past visits to Bacolod City.
Book your Hotel from the list of Hotels below:
Top Things to do in (and near) Bacolod City
- Swim and Hike at Mambukal Resort in the nearby town of Murcia
- Visit "The Ruins" in Talisay City
- Visit San Sebastian Cathedral and Bishop’s Palace
- Climb Pope John Paul II Tower
- Walk through the heritage houses in Silay
- Go Cultural and Explore Silay City
- Drop by the Capitol Grounds and Lagoon
- Indulge on Chicken Inasal, cakes from Calea and Silay recipes of Paño-paño, Pili Bars, Fresh Lumpia, Empanada and Guapple Pie
- Bring home some pasalubong of Piaya, Napoleones, Pinasugbo and other Bacolod delicacies
Kari sa na sa Bacolod kag mag sinadya sa MASSKARA FESTIVAL 2015!
Masskara Festival 2016 Schedule of Events
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|