Are you ready for Masskara Festival 2014? Once again, the happiest festival in the country is happening this October! Bacolod City's Masskara Festival is the much-awaited festival in the country held every 3rd week of October in the "City of Smiles." MASSKARA FESTIVAL is a festival of smiles where colorful masks are worn to show the happy spirit of the Negrenses. This year's Masskara Festival's highlights are expected to happen on October 17-19, 2014 with the street and arena dance competitions for the school and barangay categories and the celebration of Bacolod City Charter day anniversary. Happy Masskara Festival 2014!
Several events are lined up for Masskara Festival 2014 starting on October 1st and will last until the festival weekend on the 3rd week of the month. Although, there's still no official schedule has been released as of this writing, based on previous years, Masskara Festival 2014 highlights will fall on the weekend nearest to October 19th, which is the Charter day of Bacolod City.
Masskara Festival 2014 Highlights
- October 17, 2014 (Friday) - MassKara Festival 2014 Street Dancing and Arena Competition (School Category)
- October 18, 2014 (Saturday) - MassKara Festival 2014 Street Dancing and Arena Competition (Barangay Category)
- October 19, 2014 (Sunday) - Bacolod City Charter Day Celebrations
NOTE: This post will be updated as soon the detailed Masskara Festival 2014 schedule comes out. BOOKMARK THIS POST NOW!
You may read my coverage on Masskara Festival below:
- Bacolod MassKara Festival 2012 Street and Arena Dance Competitions winners (Barangay and School Categories)
- Photos from Masskara Festival 2012 Street Dance Performance (Barangay Category)
- Photos from Masskara Festival 2012 Street Dance Performance (School Category)
How to Get to Bacolod City
- Bacolod City, the Capital of Negros Occidental is an hour plane ride from Manila or 30 minutes by air from Cebu City. Major airlines fly several times daily to Bacolod City from Manila and Cebu.
- By sea it is an 18-hour ferry ride from Manila or if you're coming from Iloilo, it is an hour ferry ride.
- By land and sea, it is 7 hours away from Cebu City.
How to Get in and Out of Bacolod-Silay Airport
The Bacolod-Silay International Airport is located 15 kilometers northeast of Bacolod City, in Barangay Bagtic in Silay City. Due to its location, getting in and out of the airport is quite a challege especially for first-timers. You may checkout my detailed post in "How to Get in and Out of Bacolod-Silay Airport" by clicking HERE.
Things to do in (and near) Bacolod City
- Swim and Hike at Mambukal Resort in the nearby town of Murcia
- Visit "The Ruins" in Talisay City
- Visit San Sebastian Cathedral and Bishop’s Palace
- Climb Pope John Paul II Tower
- Walk through the heritage houses in Silay
- Go Cultural and Explore Silay City
- Drop by the Capitol Grounds and Lagoon
- Indulge on Chicken Inasal, cakes from Calea and Silay recipes of Paño-paño, Pili Bars, Fresh Lumpia, Empanada and Guapple Pie
- Bring home some pasalubong of Piaya, Napoleones, Pinasugbo and other Bacolod delicacies
Where to Stay in Bacolod City
Bacolod City has a wide array of affordable and high quality hotels, guest/pension houses and inns for you to stay in. But due to the high volume of tourists and visitors during Masskara Festival 2014, getting a decent place to stay is quite a challenge. You have to book as early as possible or few months before the festival. Here are some of the places where I've stayed during my past visits to Bacolod City.
Kari sa na sa Bacolod kag mag sinadya sa MASSKARA FESTIVAL 2014!
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|