Join the Bicolanos and devotees of Our Lady of Peñafrancia in the annual Peñafrancia Festival as Marian pilgrims and Bicolanos come home to Naga City every September to pay homage to "Ina". Witness unparalleled display of undying devotion to the beloved "Ina" and patroness of Bicol - the Our Lady of Peñafrancia with the traditional "Traslacion" and "Fluvial Procession where the images of "Ina" and the Divino Rostro will be transferred from Naga Metropolitan Cathedral to the Penafrancia Basilica Minore Shrine at the end of the 9-day novena.
Peñafrancia Festival 2014 Highlights
September 12, 2013 (Friday) - Traslacion Procession
1:00 PM - from Peñafrancia Shrine to Naga Metropolitan Cathedral
September 20, 2013 (Saturday) - Fluvial Procession
12:00 NN - from Naga Metropolitan Cathedral to Peñafrancia Shrine
Peñafrancia Festival 2012 and 2013 Coverage
You can read my previous posts on Peñafrancia Festival 2012 and 2013 here:
- Peñafrancia Festival 2013 Experience, Viva La Virgen de Peñafrancia!
- Viva La Virgen de Peñafrancia! My Peñafrancia Festival 2012 Experience
Peñafrancia Festival 2014 Schedule of Activities
Save the dates of Peñafrancia Festival 2014 and plan your trip to Naga City ahead of time.
Photo Courtesy of: Naga Smiles to the World
How to get to Naga City, Camarines Sur
By Land: From Manila, take a bus (Isarog Lines, RSL, Raymond, Peñafrancia Tours, Amihan Bus and Philtranco) bound for Naga City. Terminals can be found at Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City and EDSA in Pasay City. Travel time is about 8-9 hours and fare is around 800 pesos.
By Air: From Manila, take and 40-minute plane ride to Naga. The airport is located in Pili, you have to take a bus or jeepney that will take you to Naga City.
Things to do in (and near) Naga City
- Visit the Churches (Naga Cathedral, Peñafrancia Basilica, San Francisco, Nuestra Señora de Peña de Francia)
- Check out Plaza Quince Martires, Oragon Monument, Plaza Rizal , Porta Mariae, Holy Rosary Minor Seminary and Peñafrancia Diamond Jubilee Pavilion
- Wakeboarding at Cam Sur Watersports Complex
- Trek to Nabontolan Falls, Malabsay Falls and Hotsprings
- Dine at Bigg's Diner, Bicol region's biggest food chain
- Experience nightlife at Magsaysay Avenue
- Visit Museo del Seminario Concilliar de Nueva Caceres inside Holy Rosary Minor Seminary
- Indulge on Pili Nuts, Kinalas, Toasted Siopao, Pan de Naga and other delicacies
- Souvenir shopping at Naga City Market
Where to Stay in Naga City
Due to the festive season it is necessary that you plan your Peñafrancia Festival 2014 trip in advance. Naga City has a wide array of affordable and high quality hotels, guest/pension houses, hostel and inns for you to stay in!
I have personally tried, Moraville Hotel and Restaurant along Dinaga Street, Naga City. It is a 4-storey, newly-refurbished hotel tucked in a quiet side street in the heart of Naga city. It is also strategically located within the city's business hub, shopping and leisure centers and historical destinations are just nearby. You may contact them at (054) 473-1247 or (054) 881-1378.
"Visit Naga City and experience the profound and unwavering devotion of the Bicolanos to the Our Lady of Peñafrancia! Viva La Virgen de Peñafrancia!"
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|