Eleven months ago, on January 17, 2013, I wrote an article entitled "Things I Want to Accomplish on my 5th Year of Traveling around the Philippines". It accounts all the things I want to achieve this 2013. Barely 5 months after I quit working professionally as a computer programmer, it was the time that I am still uncertain and unprepared for what to expect this year. But I pushed through with being a full-time travel blogger and dared to do what I love most - "to TRAVEL".
I faced all the challenges and just did what I want to do. Afterall, I am happy doing what I want. Along the way, it made me realize that quitting my job is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I was able to live a life that I am dreaming of. I'm not saying that you quit your job and just travel, it doesn't apply to all. But living a life that you want is what you should be aiming for.
TODAY, December 17, 2013, as I look back... Let's see what I've accomplished so far from all of my plans I had this year.
1. Visit Batanes and Sulu, the last 2 provinces on my #80PHL Challenge
- DONE! Visited Batanes last May 2013 and Sulu last August 2013. Thank you to all my friends who helped me (financially and all) in fulfilling my dream of visiting these provinces which also gave me the opportunity to accomplish a goal - "to visit all the provinces in the Philippines".
2. Re-visit the provinces I wasn't able to explore as much (Romblon, Eastern and Northern Samar, Sarangani, Bukidnon and Compostela Valley)
3. Attend more Philippines Festivals
- I wanted to attend about 7 festivals, most of which I haven't been to in the past. But I even exceeded my plans. This year, I was able to attend the following festivals: Kadayawan in Davao, Ati-atihan in Kalibo, Pahiyas in Lucban Quezon, Aliwan Fiesta in Manila, Kaamulan in Bukidnon, Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Pampanga, Peñafrancia Festival in Naga, Pintados-Kasadyaan in Tacloban, Feast of the Black Nazarene in Manila, Moriones Festival and Gasang-gasang Festival in Marinduque and Parada ng Lechon in Balayan Batangas. It was indeed a year of festivals for me.
4. Climb and explore more mountains
- This year, I climbed: Bud Datu (Sulu), Tarug Peak (Marinduque), Mt. Manunggal (Cebu), Mt. Manalmon (Bulacan) and Mt. Pundaquit (Zambales).
5. Try scuba diving, wake-boarding and rock climbing
- I've tried scuba diving in Bauan, Batangas last December 1, 2013. Hopefully, I will be able try wakeboarding and rock climbing next year!
6. Organize group tours
- None yet, I just organized tours for friends. Maybe next year, I'll be able to do this. :)
So, that's it! So far, so good! :) I don't have any planned trips before the year ends. So, maybe, those unfinished plans will just be reserved for 2014! I am so excited! Let's bring it on!!! :)
Now, here's my advice to you, my dear readers,
"Don't just dream of getting to your dream destinations, MAKE IT HAPPEN!" -www.pinoyadventurista.com
This is my contribution to the Pinoy Travel Bloggers' Blog Carnival for December 2013 with the theme "The Pinoy Travel Bloggers Closing the Curtains on 2013: Love, Learn and Living" hosted by Brenna Bustamante of The Philippine Travelogue.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|