Today is the opening day of the biggest international aviation event in the Philippines, the 18th Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta at OMNI Aviation Complex in Clark Special Economic Zone, Angeles City Pampanga. Together with my friend, Rob of robinspinzon.com, we arrived at the site just in time before the event starts.
There were a lot of spectators gathered at the event site to witness the different aviation show scheduled for today. Department of Tourism Secretary Ramon Jimenez was also there to witness the event.
It was kicked off with a Philippine Flag Jump where the Philippine Flag was carried from the sky by a skydiver while gliding through the vast field of OMNI Aviation Complex. It was accompanied by playing the Philippine National Anthem and then followed by several para-gliders and skydivers doing some exhibitions up in the air and showing off their aerobatic skills.
Then the much awaited event followed, the Hot Air Balloon Flight. There were about 30 hot air balloons from different countries that soared the skies this morning. They come in bright colors and interesting shapes and designs. The specially-shaped balloons that caught my attention were the bouquet of tulips, smiling sun, the space shuttle and the fire truck. I 'luv them all!
It was a delightful experience! It's my first time to attend this event and I truly enjoyed it! I was like a kid; very happy and shouting every time a balloon flies! :) Woohoo!
We left the site when almost all of the hot air balloons have flown. We wanted to chase them as they land to their landing site. But unfortunately, we weren't able to catch them as they go down. Hahaha! So, we just proceeded to Susie's Cuisine to have brunch. Thanks Rob for the treat! :)
You could still catch the remaining days of this 4-day event. Click here to check on the schedule of events.
- Tickets are sold at the gate for 250 pesos each.
- Arrive early to get a good spot to take photos.
- There are a lot of food stalls in the event site, food will never be a problem.
- There are no chairs, wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to stand for a long time.
- Bring face mask as the event site is too dusty.
- Weather is unpredictable, we experienced a little drizzle in the morning, bring an umbrella or a raincoat just in case it rains.
- If you will be bringing a car, parking is available but it is far from the event site, be prepared to walk.
More photos on Pinoy AdvenTurista's Facebook Page, click here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|