Dubbed as "Asia's Latin City", Zamboanga City's international airport is located very near the city center. As a major gateway of Zamboanga City and the Zamboanga Peninsula Provinces it is one of the busiest airports in Mindanao. It serves flights from Manila, Davao, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, Jolo (Sulu) and Tawi-Tawi. Unlike other airports in the Philippines, getting in and out of the airport is easy.
From the airport to the City center, you just need to walk a few meters outside the airport's gate and take a "Canelar" bound jeepney to the city proper. Fare is 8.00 pesos and travel time about 10 minutes. Getting to the airport from the city center, just take a "Camins" bound jeepney which will bring you to the gate of the airport. Fare is 8.00 pesos. This is perfect for solo travelers and small groups.
There are several taxis in the city. Drivers would usually charge fixed or contract rates, so better negotiate first before hopping into the cab. This is okay with a group of 4 and if you have some cargos with you. Getting to the airport should be metered if you get the taxi from the city center.
Like the taxis, they usually charge fixed or contract rates. Negotiate and agree with the price before getting inside the tricycle. Rates depends on your haggling skills, normally it's 50 pesos to the city center. It would be the same as getting in to the airport from the city center.
Want to visit the Asia’s Latin City? Click here to read my trip to Zamboanga City. Enjoy!
- The Pink Sand Beach of Sta. Cruz Island
- Exploring the Lagoon on Sta. Cruz Island, Zamboanga City
- Visiting the Old Badjao Burial Grounds on Sta Cruz Island
- WHERE TO EAT: 8 Must-try Food in Zamboanga City
- 2nd Zamboanga Bird Festival in Zamboanga City
- Riding the Colorful Vinta in Zamboanga City
- Pasonanca and Freedom Parks, Mt. Pulong Bato and La Jardin de Maria Clara Lobregat
- Bienvenidos Ciudad de Zamboanga!, a DIY Walking Tour
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|