Malacañang Palace had officially issued Proclamation No. 459, s. 2012, DECLARING THE REGULAR HOLIDAYS, SPECIAL (NON-WORKING) DAYS, AND SPECIAL HOLIDAY (FOR ALL SCHOOLS) FOR THE YEAR 2013. With this we can now plan ahead for our travels for next year.
The list of 2013 Philippine Holidays are as follows:
- New Year’s Day - January 1 (Tuesday)
- Maundy Thursday - March 28
- Good Friday - March 29
- Araw ng Kagitingan - April 9 (Tuesday)
- Labor Day - May 1 (Wednesday)
- Independence Day - June 12 (Wednesday)
- National Heroes - Day August 26 (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day - November 30 (Saturday)
- Christmas Day - December 25 (Wednesday)
- Rizal Day - December 30 (Monday)
Special (Non-Working) Days
- Black Saturday - March 30
- Ninoy Aquino Day - August 21 (Wednesday)
- All Saints Day - November 1 (Friday)
- Additional special (non-working) days - November 2 (Saturday) and December 24 (Tuesday)
- Last Day of the Year - December 31 (Tuesday)
Special Holiday (for all schools)
- EDSA Revolution Anniversary - February 25 (Monday)
According to Section 2, "The proclamations declaring national holidays for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha shall hereafter be issued after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient. To this end, the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) shall inform the Office of the President on which day the holiday shall fall".
List of long Weekends
- March 28-31, 2013 (Holy Week)
- August 24-26, 2013 (National Heroes Day)
- November 1-3, 2013 (All Saints’ Day)
- December 28, 2013 - January 1, 2014 (Rizal Day and New Year)
This post shall be updated as soon as the dates for Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha have been determined.
To download a copy of the said proclamation, click here.
I wonder why Chinese New Year was not a holiday (as compared to last year)? and why Elections for 2013 was not included on the list?
Again, let’s make the most out of these holidays! It's More Fun in the Philippines! Tara na, Byahe tayo!
Be Updated! Stalk me!
Like this Article? Share it!
Want to say something? Leave a comment here:
is a daring backpacker, mountaineer and adventure seeker. Join him in his journey as he challenge himself to visit all 80 provinces in the Philippines!
Subscribe to pinoyadventurista.com and receive free updates and latest content in your inbox by entering your email address below. You can also follow him on Facebook and Twitter or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks and enjoy your day!