This is a 3-day trip in Northern Luzon that happened last May 26-28, 2012. Together with my friend, we visited the provinces of Abra and Apayao, my 62nd and 63rd provinces! We also had a side trip in Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte as we go along this trip. We had fun trying out local delicacies, visiting churches, ancestral houses, parks, capitol buildings and meeting new friends. Plus, I also had a chance to surf at the blue lagoon beach in Pagudpud. Woohoo!
Here's a summary of the places we visited and the things we did on this 5-day trip:
Bangued and Tayum, Abra
- Walking tour around Bangued Town (Park, Capitol and Cathedral)
- Visited Brillantes Ancestral House
- Tayum Church and the old convent
- Stopover at Calaba Bridge
- Climbed Victoria Park
Sta. Maria, Bantay and Vigan, Ilocos Sur
- Visited the UNESCO inscribed Sta. Maria Church
- Stopover at Bantay Church
- Explored Vigan World Heritage Site (Church, Park and Heritage Houses)
- Ate Vigan Empanada
- Saw "Baluarte" for the first time
Laoag and Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
- Surfing and Swimming at Blue Lagoon, Pagudpud
- Re-visited Laoag City (Capitol, Church, Park and Sinking Bell Tower)
- Dined at "Dap-ayan Ti Ilocos" for Laoag Empanada
That's it for now. More photos and detailed posts on these soon! Cheers!
Check out my "#80PHL Challenge" for the list of provinces I've visited so far.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|