Musiko is the longest and the grandest marching band here in the Philippines. It was held annually in the City of Bacoor, Cavite. Different marching bands from different provinces around the country performed and paraded in the street of Poblacion as they boasted their colorful uniforms and costumes.
We were lucky that we were invited to join the Bakood Festival 2016 Musiko and Bacoor’s 345th Founding Anniversary. The event was celebrated whole day, with plenty of programs as part of the huge celebration of the said festival. The celebration includes the Marching Band Parade, Show Competition, Program, Drum Battle and Awarding Ceremony.
It was a huge and grand event, attended by the town head Mayor Lani Mercado-Revilla together with her son Jolo Revilla. They also invited four international judges that are assigned on different categories and criteria together with the PASAMBAP (Pambansang Samahan ng mga Banda sa Pilipinas) to help them. The international judges were Kasem Thipaya Metrakul from Thailand, Saturnino Tiamson, Jr. from Hongkong, Nipat Kanchanahud from Thailand and Katsumi Okawa from Japan. The competition was divided into three different criteria which includes general effect, music and visual. The judging method used for the competition was the international judging system.
It was claimed as the “largest, longest and grandest marching band parade in the Philippines” as it was composed of a total of 53 marching bands united from different provinces. Prizes and certificates were given during the awarding ceremony leaded by Mayor Lani Mercado-Revilla. For the main category which is the Best in Show Competition, the grand prize was P100,000 cash. They also have the Best Parade award, cash prizes were P50,000 , P30,000 , P20,000 , P10,000 , and P5,000. There were special awards too like Best Group Majorette, Best Drum Battle, Best in Color Flags, and Best Band Major.
Bakood Festival 2016 Musiko was made possible by the efforts of Bacoor City LGU, Mayor Lani Mercado-Revilla, Vice Mayor Catherine Sarino-Evarista, Cavite City Vice Governor Jolo Revilla, Cavite City Governor Jesus Remulla, PASAMBAP (Pambasang Samahan ng mga Banda sa Pilipinas), Bacoor City League of Councilors, and Congressman Strike Revilla, District Representative, Cavite.
Complete List of 53 Marching Bands that participated in Bakood Festival 2016
1. Citizens’ Brigade Band of Dasmariñas – Dasmariñas City
2. Mariners Polytechnic Colleges Foundation Legaspi City Albay Marching Band and Majorettes – Legazpi, Albay
3. Davao Blue Eagles Marching Band – Davao City
4. Banda San Jose – Las Piñas City
5. Banda Kabyaw Incorporated – Cabiao, Nueva Ecija
6. University of Luzon Drum and Bugle Corps – Dagupan City
7. Angono Wind Ensemble – Angono Rizal
8. San Lorenzo Ruiz Band 2003, Inc. – Bacoor City
9. Cabiao Band 96 – Cabiao, Nueva Ecija
10. Santa Maria De Bethania Marching Show Band – Sta. Maria, Bulacan
11. The Dragons of the Cabiao Youth Concert Band 88 – Cabiao, Nueva Ecija
12. Banda Independente 22 – Pililla, Rizal
13. Digos City National High School Marching Band – Digos City
14. Family Band Bacoor Association, Inc. – Bacoor City
15. D’ Original Band of Prof. Hilariin F. Rubio – Bacoor City
16. Saint Nicolas Band – San Pedro, Laguna
17. Carmona Cavite Marching Band 2013 – Carmona, Cavite
18. Landayan Brass Band – San Pedro, Laguna
19. Nuestra Señora Dela Paz Band 25 – Maragondon, Cavite
20. Peñaranda Band – Peñaranda, Nueva Ecija
21. VSPV Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps. – Cavite City
22. Banda Kabataan 77 – Bailen, Cavite
23. Our Lady of Mediatrix Band – Bacoor City
24. Banda Sta. Monica – Tanza, Cavite
25. Banda Santo Tomas – Sto. Tomas, Batangas
26. Banda San Pedro 22 – San Pedro, Laguna
27. Primero 1 Band – Maragondon, Cavite
28. Banda 3 – San Pedro, Laguna
29. Power Seven Youth Club – Bacoor City
30. Unity Band 10 – Bailen, Cavite
31. Holy Rosary Youth Band – Roasio, Cavite
32. 96 Band – Bacoor City
33. Banda Maliksi Uno 45 – Bacoor City
34. Mardicas Band – Ternate, Cavite
35. Anak Zapote Band – Bacoor City
36. Banda Niog – Bacoor City
37. Rizal Technological University Brass Band – Mandaluyong City
38. Banda Dos Banalo – Bacoor City
39. Pililla Regiment Band – Pililla, Rizal
40. Banda El Gobernador Association, Inc. – Bacoor City
41. St. Joseph Band 98 – Bailen, Cavite
42. Imus Youth Symphonic Band 83 – Imus City
43. St. Michael’s Symphonic Band – Bacoor City
44. Butiong Band 4 – Lian, Batangas
45. Banda Uno Bacoor Cavite – Bacoor City
46. Boys of Caridad Troop 45 – Cavite City
47. Banda 26 Sta. Ana – Taguig City
48. Banda Otcho Manalo – Taguig City
49. Banda 1 Palingon – Tipas Youth Symphonic Band – Taguig City
50. Pandacan Community Band – Manila
51. Black Nazarene Banda Quatro – Bacoor City
52. Banda 8 – Bacoor City
53. Mall of Asia Marching Band
Article was written by Alyzza Sanchez, Pinoy AdvenTurista's official representative to the Bakood Festival 2016 held last September 24, 2016 in Bacoor, Cavite.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|