Last weekend, we brought the ASUS ZenFone Zoom ZX551 into a road trip to Bataan to test its features and capabilities. Together with other members of the media, we traveled from Manila to a picturesque location in Bagac, Bataan where we had an awesome time roaming around, taking photos and of course, indulging on sumptuous food!
Dubbed as "the world's thinnest smartphone with 3x digital zoom," the ASUS ZenFone Zoom ZX551 is definitely a great companion for your travels and adventures. Be it in the beach, in the city or in a nice laid back town in the province, the ASUS ZenFone Zoom will surely be the smartphone you'll need to take those precious travel moments.
To know more about ASUS ZenFone Zoom ZX551's specifications, features, price and availability, please read my previous post here.
Here are the top 5 things I love about the ASUS ZenFone Zoom ZX551
1. Sturdy, Ergonomic and Functional DesignSporting a sturdy built and lovely leather back cover, the ASUS ZenFone Zoom ZX551 has a premium look and feel that every traveler will surely love. With a dimension of 158.9 x 78.8 x 12 mm, it weighs light at 185 grams and fits just right in the pocket. The ports and buttons were nicely placed on the sides for accessibility and functionality. One of the best design features that I really love about it is the leather back cover that feels extremely comfortable to hold. Plus, there's a free hand strap that you could attach to the phone for added security and hold. For me, ASUS ZenFone Zoom's physical design is one of the best so far from their line of ZenFones.
2. Fast and Responsive PerformanceASUS ZenFone Zoom features a 2.5GHz Intel Atom Z3590 64-bit quad-core CPU which offers optimum performance and speed that I am looking for in a smartphone. With this processor and 4GB of RAM, I can do multiple tasks without lagging even on 3G or LTE data signal. For someone who is always connected to the internet and opens multiple apps, this smartphone is definitely for you.
3. Impressive Full HD DisplayThe phone's 5.5 inch IPS LCD display @ 1920×1080 pixels resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 is also impressive. It features rich and natural colors that produces crisp images and videos. This is an ideal phone if you want to watch movies or play some mobile games while on the road or waiting for your flight at the airport.
4. Battery LifeFeaturing a non-removable Li-Po 3,000 mAh battery with Boostmaster fast charging, the ASUS ZenFone Zoom is good for moderate users. During the entire trip, I was connected to the 3G signal the whole day while using the phone for browsing the internet and taking photos. I am happy that the battery lasted for about 8 hours. That's awesome compared to other smartphones that I've used before.
5. Amazing CamerasMy favorite feature and one of the highlights of the ASUS ZenFone Zoom is the 13-megapixel rear camera with Panasonic sensor, HOYA dual-periscope lens system, 3X optical zoom, OIS, laser AF, f/2.7-f/4.8, dual-tone LED flash. ASUS ZenFone Zoom's 13MP camera is one of the best I've tried and can really compete with Apple's iPhone 6. The 5-megapixel front camera is also good and takes great "selfies."
For someone like me who relies on phone camera to take photos during a trip, I love that ASUS ZenFone Zoom's rear camera really delivers sharp images even if I use the 3x optical zoom. It also works well for food photography using the "depth of field" feature, taking landscapes using the panorama feature as well as taking photos in low-light conditions. More to that, if you want to take it to the next level, you can use the camera's manual mode feature to adjust different settings such as white balance, exposure value, ISO and shutter speed. Amazing right?!
Sample Photos taken with Asus ZenFone Zoom
Using the phone camera's auto and manual mode.
Using the phone camera's low light mode.
Using the phone camera's depth of field mode.
Using the phone camera's panorama mode.
Using the phone's front camera for a selfie.
How much is the ASUS ZenFone Zoom?The ASUS Zenfone Zoom ZX551 retails at Php 26,995.00. It is now available in major tech stores near you and comes in colors such as Meteorite black and Glacier white. If you'll ask me if it's worth the price? Hmmm.. With it's awesome features and capabilities, it's definitely a YES!
With ASUS ZenFone ZoomZX551, you can surely get what a traveler's smartphone should be - fast, efficient, sturdy, takes awesome photos and provides a lot of features. It's definitely a great travel companion for your next ultimate adventure! I highly recommended that you get one for yourself!
To know more about ASUS ZenFone Zoom ZX551's specifications, features, price and availability, please read my previous post HERE.
Asus Philippines gave me this ASUS Zenfone Zoom ZX551 for the purpose of this review. All the comments and views expressed are mine and were not influenced by the company.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|