Italy is one of the most popular destinations in Europe. In fact, it is the second most visited country in the world next only to another European country, France. Only a handful of countries in the world are as rich as Italy in terms of history, culture, food, and natural attractions, which explains why it is so popular among tourists.
There are lots of beautiful places to visit in Italy, and this article lists down 12 of them:
1. The ColosseumAny traveler in Italy should stop by the Colosseum. This historic amphitheater is the biggest built by the Roman Empire, and up to this day remains a model for sports facilities. It’s a reminder of how rich Rome’s history is.
2. Venice CanalsVenice canals often rank in the list of the top places to visit in Italy. Venice is a city of islands and its canals have virtually served as its streets. There are also old buildings lining the canals, adding a romantic charm.
3. PompeiiPompeii remains one of the best places to visit in Italy despite having been buried by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D.
4. Leaning Tower of PisaAnother landmark in Italy, the Leaning Tower of Pisa sands on Piazza del Duomo in the city of Pisa.
5. Lake ComoOne of the most scenic areas of Italy is Lake Como. It is surrounded by mountains, and its mild climate makes it more appealing to tourists.
6. Amalfi CoastA UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Amalfi Coast is a picturesque stretch of coastline along the Sorrentine Peninsula.
7. Florence Duomo Santa Maria del FioreThis cathedral dominates the Florence skyline. Also known as the Cathedral of San Maria del Fiore, it is considered as one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world. It was built in the 15th century, completed in 1434.
8. Vatican CityYou don’t need to be religious to be motivated in visiting Vatican. It is home to some of the most priceless art collections in the world, one reason good enough for you to drop by the seat of Roman Catholicism.
9. Roman ForumIt may not be as well preserved as the Colosseum, but the Roman Forum is as historic. It still has partial structures and foundations of temples that can charm any tourist.
10. TuscanyIt may not be as popular as Venice, but Tuscany can be a great place to visit especially for honeymooners. Tourists will also love its architecture.
11. CilentoIt’s not as known as the Amalfi Coast, but it is as beautiful. And because it is less popular, it is not as crowded to as its more fancied counterpart.
12. PiedmontLocated in the northwestern tip of the country, this region is rich ageless palaces and castles. It also has spectacular views of mountain ranges. Like Cilento, it is not as crowded as other tourist destinations in Italy. This makes Piedmont an ideal getaway for honeymooners.
Many people dream of visiting Italy. If you’re one of them then now you have a list of places to visit. Remember to always stay on the safe side in order not to spoil your travel memories with unpleasant mishaps. Consider doing a proper research of the region you’re planning to visit, obtain travel insurance to Italy and enjoy your holiday.
Note: This article was written by one of our contributors.
Photo Credit: Diana Ringo licensed under Wikipedia Creative Commons.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|