Photo Credit: FotoCavallo licensed under Wikipedia Creative Commons.
Poland is actually known for its many tourist offerings such as outdoor activities like skiing, sailing and mountain hiking, sightseeing walks, and countryside excursions. With all these, it’s no wonder Poland is the 17th most visited country in the world by foreign tourists.
Krakow is the second largest and one of the oldest cities in Poland. If you're visiting Krakow here are the top 5 best things to do to fully enjoy your vacation.
1. Explore the Historic Centre of KrakowFormerly known as the capital of Poland, it is where the coronation of most Polish kings was held. One of the oldest cities, Wroclaw, has been restored and has been attracting several million tourists every year.
2. Visit Wawel CastleA trip in Poland wouldn’t be complete without visiting the most historically and culturally important site which is now a premier art museum. It houses a collection of paintings, sculptures, textiles, ceramics, and period furniture. It has become the center for the conservation of works of art as well.
3. Admire the ancient churchesKrakow is known as the city of churches and the number increases to this day. Among the many historic ones are namely: The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, The Wawel Cathedral which has the Sigismund Chapel and the Zygmunt bell – one of the most magnificent bells ever made, and St. Mary’s Basilica known for its largest Gothic altarpiece in the world.
4. Climb the Town Hall Tower and take the viewThis was made of stone and brick and stands 70 meters tall and leans 55 centimeters caused by a storm in 1703. The entrance to the tower is where you can see two carved stone lions guarding the facility. The top floor of the tower has an observation deck and is open for the visitors to enjoy.
5. Enjoy the Stag Party celebrationsNear the old market square center is where you can see a mix of cool clubs and bars. Packed mostly by students, the parties go on until 6 am. A stag celebration should be nostalgic, it is recommend that you go to Krakow for their stag party celebrations. The place is abundant with beer halls and drinking dens scattered throughout the city - a nice place to hold your stag party celebrations. And there's no other place is able to combine cultural beauty with this modern party attitude like Krakow.
Note: This was written by one of our writers.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|