There are many nice beaches near Manila that can satisfy your cravings for a quick weekend getaway. One of them is Cagbalete island located off the coast of the town of Mauban, in the province of Quezon. Surrounded with awesome white sandy beaches and clear waters, the island is a favorite among travelers and city dwellers wanting a quick escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
How to Get to Cagbalete Island in Mauban Quezon
- Take a bus bound for Lucena Grand Terminal. Bus terminals (Jac Liner, Jam Transit, Lucena Liner and Ceres Transport) can be found in Kamias, Cubao, Alabang or Buendia. Travel time is about 3-4 hours and fare is around 200 pesos.
- From Lucena Grand Terminal, take a non-aircon bus to Mauban. Travel time is about 2 hours and fare is around 60.00 pesos. For faster travel, there are vans bound for Mauban for 100.00 pesos per passenger and travel time is about 1-1.5 hours.
- Alternatively, you may take a direct bus from Manila to Mauban via Jac Liner. Travel time is about 5 hours and fare is around 220-230 pesos. Below are the schedule of Jac Liner's daily trips to Mauban.
- Cubao-Mauban | 5:00 AM and 12:00 Noon
- Buendia-Mauban | 12:00 Noon
Where to Stay in Cagbalete IslandMy recommended resort in Cagbalete island is:
Doña Choleng Camping Resort
Address: Cagbalete Island, Mauban, Quezon Province, Philippines
Contact Number: 0910-882-3346
Facebook: Doña Choleng Camping Resort
BOOK ONLINE: Check Room Rates Here
Breakdown of Expenses
Bus (Manila to Mauban) - 220.00 - 230.00
Bus (Manila to Lucena) - 200.00 - 210.00
Bus (Lucena to Mauban) - 60.00
Van (Lucena to Mauban) - 100.00
Boat Fare (Mauban to Cagbalete Island) - 50.00
Environmental Fee - 50.00
Hotels and Resorts in Quezon
Enjoy an awesome escape on Cagbalete Island!
SEE ALSO: Beaches near Manila for less than 1,000 pesos Budget
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|