When traveling to Pangasinan comes to mind, the popular destinations would always be the Hundred Islands National Park in Alaminos, the beach resorts in Bolinao or the pilgrimage town of Manaoag. But lately, tourists are now discovering another must-visit destination in Pangasinan, the coastal town of Dasol - which also has nice beach resorts.
Enjoying the beach with only a few guests! That's what we had when we visited Villa Balinmanok, a "not-so-well-known" but beautiful beach resort in Dasol, Pangasinan. It was a much-needed summer getaway on a secluded beach where we just enjoyed the beach, the sand, the sun, the rock formations; and of course, a dose of good music. What a perfect way to end summer 2015!
How to Get thereComing from Manila, you could take a bus bound for Alaminos City. Five Star Bus and Victory Liner have regular trips to the city. Fare is around 400 pesos and travel time is around 5 hours. Upon arrival in Alaminos City, take a bus bound for Sta. Cruz, Zambales which passes by the town of Dasol. The bus can be found at the Victory Liner Bus Station. Fare is around 40 pesos and travel time is about 45 minutes. Tell the driver to drop you in Dasol. From Dasol highway, you could hire a tricycle going to Villa Balinmanok. It is around 16 kilometers away; travel time is about 1 hour and tricycle rental is 300-400 pesos.
Villa Balinmanok is a private beach resort composed of 3 resorts owned by the Carbarlo Family. As this trip was through the invitation of my mom's friend who is the owner of Recudo 2 Resort, we already had a reservation prior to going there.
Upon arrival at the resort, we were warmly welcomed by the caretakers, Ate Linda and Kuya Willy.
The heat of the summer sun is quite unbearable, so we decided to settle our things in one of the open cottages by the beach. While waiting for our room to be ready, I sat under the coconut tree in front of the beach and enjoyed the cool wind and the sound of the waves.
AccommodationsOur accommodation is a one-bedroom bahay kubo made of bamboo with double deck beds. It also has 1 electric fan and a small veranda with a table and sitting area. Rate for this kubo accommodation is 2,000 pesos per night which is good for 2-3 persons.
There are also open cottages with day beds available for day tours or even for overnight stay. Rate is 1,500 per day.
Clean common toilet and bath with shower are also available.
If you wish to have a more comfortable stay, you may choose to stay in one of the 2 air-conditioned villas. It is complete with bedrooms, own toilet and bath, living area and a kitchen. Room rates starts from 3,000 (good for 6 persons) to 5,500 (good for 10 persons) pesos.
Sights and AttractionsDuring our 3 days - 2 nights stay, we just enjoyed Villa Balinmanok's beach which has a stretch of semi-fine cream sand dotted with tall coconut trees. It is kissed by calm waters with beautiful rock formations and a shipwreck.
The resort's raw and rugged charm is truly inviting. Villa Balinmanok Beach Resort is best enjoyed if you want to appreciate quietness, tranquility and natural beauty of the surroundings.
Overall, we had an awesome stay at Villa Balinmanok Beach Resort. The beach may not be as unspoiled and pristine as the other lesser known beaches in the country, but it is certainly a place where one could find peace and serenity during his or her vacation. So, if you're looking for a nice beach resort in Dasol, Pangasinan, check out Villa Balinmanok Beach Resort!
SEE ALSO: Beach Resorts in Pangasinan
Tips and Reminders
- There is a small sari-sari store in the resort but with limited supplies. I highly recommend that you bring all you need, especially food and water.
- The road leading to the resort is mostly paved but there are also some parts that are still rough. If you're bringing a car, be sure that your car can handle it.
- As there are limited accommodation, it is advisable that you call them in advance (please see contact details at the end of this post).
- Be sure to get the mobile number of your tricycle driver or ask them to fetch you.
- If they are fully-booked, they also rent out camping tents or you may bring your own.
- There are islands nearby that you could visit. Ask the caretakers where to rent a boat.
- Explore the vast property. You may also visit the 2 other resorts of Villa Balinmanok nearby.
- Always practice "leave no trace" principle.
- Bus Fare (Manila-Alaminos) - Php 400.00
- Bus Fare (Alaminos to Dasol) - Php 40.00
- Tricycle Rental to Villa Balinmanok - Php 400.00 / tricycle
- Entrance Fee - Php 60.00 / person
- Food - Php 500.00 - 1,000.00 / person for 3 days
- Accommodation - Php 2,000.00 per night
- Tricycle Rental back to hi-way - Php 400.00 / tricycle
- Bus Fare (Dasol to Alaminos) - Php 40.00
- Bus Fare (Alaminos to Manila) - Php 400.00
Villa Balinmanok Beach ResortAddress: Brgy. Osmena, Dasol Pangasinan
- Kuya Willy - 0920-2694783
- Ate Linda - 0916-1668438
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|