Sagada is one of the most popular destinations in the Philippines. It offers a lot of activities that tourists and intrepid travelers will surely enjoy. You can do trekking, spelunking, waterfalls hiking, visiting historical sites, food trip, sunrise viewing, and a lot more! Planning a trip to Sagada? Hmmmmm... Better be prepared! Read this first.
Don't Visit Sagada...
1. If you're afraid of small spaces.....because you won't enjoy and see the beauty of its caves. For beginners, explore Sumaguing cave with it stunning rock formations and glittering stalactites and stalagmites. You can't say that you've been to Sagada if you didn't explore Sumaguing cave. Loser! Hahaha! (Harsh!)
2. If you're on a diet.....because the food in Sagada are really awesome, you'll end up eating more than the usual. Bawal muna ang diest! Must-try are Strawberry Cafe, Yogurt House, Lemon Pie House, Bana's Cafe, Salt and Pepper Diner and Pinikpikan House. I bet, you'll gain some pounds after your trip! Hahaha!
3. If you're afraid of coffins......because you won't be able to appreciate one of Sagada's most iconic attractions - the hanging coffins. It is a burial ritual that is part of their rich culture and tradition that shouldn't be missed. Go to echo valley and see the hanging coffins up close!
4. If you don't like walking or trekking.....because in Sagada, you have to exercise your legs most of the time. Going to some of the tourist spots and "off-the-beaten" attractions would certainly require you to sue your legs and trek. Even just going to the store or dining in the restaurants, you have to walk from your accommodation to the restaurant. So better be prepared. Well, that's the best way to burn all the good food you've eaten. Hahaha!
5. If you're not a morning person......because you'll definitely miss the mesmerizing sunrise at Mt. Kiltepan if you're too lazy waking up early in the morning. Well, who wants to wake up very early (I mean very very early!) if your'e being caressed by Sagada's cold weather? Well, I guess, this photo below will definitely convince you that you should! It's one of the best places on earth to watch the sunrise. Trust me!
Sagada is such a lovely place. It's actually one of my favorites! If there's one place in the country that you should visit, that would be Sagada! But don't go to Sagada just to shout those "hugot lines" from the movie That Thing Called Tadhana. Go to Sagada to witness its exceptional beauty, savor its good food, marvel its awesome natural resources, meet its lovely people and experience its rich culture and tradition.
Always keep in mind that you're just a visitor; so please be a responsible traveler, abide by the rules, respect the people, their culture, traditions and "that place called Sagada." If you can't, just stay at home and don't go to Sagada!
Some photos taken with Nikon Coolpix AW 120
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|