Ha Long Bay is a "UNESCO World Heritage Site" located in the province of Quang Ninh in Vietnam. As a popular travel destination in Vietnam, it is visited by thousands of tourists wanting to see multitude of towering limestone karsts, islands and islets scattered around the 1,553 square km area of the bay. In 2012, Ha Long Bay was chosen as one of the "New 7 Wonders of Nature" via a global poll organized by the New7Wonders Foundation.
40 Awesome Photos of Ha Long Bay That Will Make You Pack Your Bags And Go To Vietnam
During our trip to Vietnam last year, we had a chance to explore some of Ha Long Bay's popular tourist attractions via a Ha Long Bay Day Cruise. Here are 40 awesome photos of our Ha Long Bay tour that (I hope) will make you pack your bag and go!
1. The cruise ship that will tour us in Ha Long Bay
2. Ha Long Bay from a far
3. Our cruise ship's sun deck
4. Just enjoying the view
5. Towering karst formations at the bay
6. View from the cruise ship's window before we dock at Dau Go island
7. The bridge leading to Thien Cung Cave
8. Ticket counter
9. View from the entrance of Thien Cung Cave
10. Impressive rock formations inside Thien Cung Cave aka Heavenly Palace
11. Illuminated rock formations
12. Exploring more of the rock formations
13. The fancy lighting brings out the shape of the lovely rock formation
14. Richly ornamented stalactites and stalagmites
15. Seeing these rock formations feel like visiting an art museum
16. Flows of stalactites and stalagmites
17. This gives you an impression of being in a heavenly world. Isn't it?
18. We went back to the cruise ship for our next destination - the lagoons!
19. Lovely karst formations at the bay
20. Isn't awesome?!
21. Docking area to the lagoon
22. Boat-woman waiting for tourists
23. Ready to explore
24. Traditional boats are used to explore the lagoons
25. Navigating the lagoon
26. More of the traditional boats
27. The view of the towering karst along the bay
28. Traditional boats entering the cave leading to the lagoon
29. Inside the low passage under a lime stone karst
30. Getting through the cave
31. Each boat could carry up to 4 passengers
32. Navigating through the limestone karsts
33. Be sure to visit the lagoons in the morning
34. It is only accessible in the morning when the tide is low
35. Lovely sights at the lagoon surrounded by high limestone karsts
36. Passing through low passage
37. Traditional boats inside the passage
38. We're enjoying our time going around the lagoon
39. Finally exiting the lagoon
40. Back at the bay
We went back to our cruise ship and had a sumptuous seafood lunch while our ship head back to the port. This is certainly one of the best boat rides I've ever had. I truly enjoyed exploring Ha Long Bay!
This Hanoi Vietnam Familiarization Tour happened on November 9-12, 2014 was sponsored by Cebu Pacific Air. Cebu Pacific flies 3 times weekly (Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturday) from Manila to Hanoi, leaving Manila at 10:20 PM and arriving in Hanoi at 12:30 AM. Return flights leave Hanoi for Manila at 1:00 AM every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, and arrive in Manila at 5:15 AM. Hanoi is the best jump-off point if you want to visit Ha Long Bay.
For bookings and inquiries, kindly log on to www.cebupacificair.com, or call Cebu Pacific Air's reservation hotlines at (02) 7020–888 or (032) 230–8888. You may also visit their official Twitter (@CebuPacificAir) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/cebupacificair) for the latest news on their seat sale and promos.
Thank you Cebu Pacific Air for bringing us to Hanoi!
All photos were taken using Nikon Coolpix AW 120.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|