Corregidor Island is one of the most popular day trip destinations near Metro Manila. As one of the important historical sites in the country, this tadpole-shaped island located in the Province of Cavite is one of the most-visited tourist attractions in the Philippines. Being a Caviteño, I've always been ashamed when people would ask me about Corregidor when in fact I have never been there. It has always been on my bucket list but never got the chance to visit it.
Fortunately, last month, I was able to visit the island for an overnight adventure. Here are some info on how to get there coming from Manila.
Tourists may visit Corregidor Island almost any time of the year, except when there is a typhoon or inclement weather conditions. There are several ways to get to Corregidor Island. But the most convenient and safest way to get to the island is through a tour via Sun Cruises, Inc. Under the Magsaysay Shipping Lines group, they are committed to be the leading provider of quality leisure travel experiences that are fun, educational, cultural, which respect people and the environment. Sun Cruises, Inc. (SCI) traces its beginnings in August 1988 as a ferry service to the historical island of Corregidor.
Sun Cruises has scheduled daily trips to Corregidor island that departs from Manila at 8:00 AM and arrives in the island at 9:15 AM. You can find their ferry terminal near Coconut Palace and Folk Arts Theater at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) Complex along Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City. Below is the location map for your reference.
We arrived at the ferry terminal at around 6:30 AM. Since we already have prior reservation, we just lined up at the ticket booth to check-in and to get our boarding passes. Checking-in was fast and efficient. It only took about 5 minutes and we were given our boarding passes. It is in a form of a sticker that contains the passenger's name, seat number and the bus (or tramvia) number for your day tour.
At exactly 7:00 AM, we were all called for boarding. This is it! We're going to Corregidor Island! It's a dream come true for me! Woohoo!
Boarding is well-organized and systematic. Upon boarding the ferry boat, I instantly noticed that it is clean and well-maintained. It's air-conditioned and there are friendly staff that will guide you to your assigned seat.
On board the ferry are the crews who assist every guest and attend to the needs of the passengers. The ferry is also equipped with a snack bar and comfort rooms. The seats are comfy and the aircondition inside is great. While waiting for departure, some tourism clips about the Philippines and Corregidor island are shown on the television set to keep you entertained. At exactly 8:00 AM, we departed Manila. I love how they strictly follow an on-time departure schedule. Good job Sun Cruises!
The trip to Corregidor island takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Upon arrival at the North Dock of Corregidor island, "tramvias" (also called as buses) will pick up the guests for a guided day tour of the island. I will write about it on my next post.
ITINERARY (DAY TOUR)
- 7:00 AM - Check-in time & Boarding time
- 8:00 AM - ETD Manila
- 9:15 AM - ETA Corregidor (Guided tour with Lunch)
- 2:30 PM - ETD Corregidor
- 3:45 PM - ETA Manila
Reminders: They strictly follow their schedule on time. Be sure that you're at the check-in counter 1 hour before the scheduled time of departure which strictly closes 30 minutes before departure. Passengers who arrive after the cut-off time will not be allowed to go on board.
Day Tour Package:
- Day Tour Weekday Adult Rate - PHP 2,250.00/person
- Day Tour Weekend Adult Rate - PHP 2,449.00/person
- Day Tour Child Rate (3-11 yo) - PHP 1,400.00/person
Inclusions: Roundtrip ferry transfers; shrine and entrance fees; guided island tour and buffet lunch. Weekend rate applies to Saturday, Sunday and Holiday trips.
Overnight Room Rate (On top of the day tour package):
- Single with Breakfast - PHP 1,500.00
- Twin/ Double with Breakfast for two - PHP 2,000.00
- Extra Person with Breakfast - PHP 750.00
Other Tour Packages Offered:
- Corregidor Historical Walking Tour - PHP 1,700.00/person
- Corregidor Adventure - PHP 2,049.00/person
- Corregidor Ferry Transfers - PHP 1,300.00 (weekdays) / 1,400.00 (weekends)/person
- Photographer's Package - PHP 1,450.00/person
Kindly visit their website for the complete details of the inclusions of these tour packages.
TIPS AND REMINDERS:
- Reservation is required prior to travel date. It is advisable that you call their office for advance reservation or book online thru their website www.corregidorphilippines.com.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to travel.
- All prices are subject to PHP 100 fuel surcharge.
- Tickets can be purchased online by using your credit card or via SM Tickets.
- You can also book and pay your tour online through their website at www.corregidorphilippines.com/booking.html.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- These rates are correct as of November 2014.
Sun Cruises Inc. Reservations OfficeAddress: Fernando Ma. Guerrero corner Paseo Palisoc, CCP Complex,
Roxas Blvd., Pasay City
Contact Numbers: (632) 834-6857 to 58, (632) 831-8140, (632) 834-1523 (Fax)
Mobile Numbers: (63)917 513-2625, (63)922 337-0068
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Sun Cruises Inc. Sales OfficeAddress: 21st Floor Times Plaza Bldg., Ermita, Manila, Philippines
Tel. Nos. (632) 527-5555 local 4511 and 4512
Fax No. (632) 527-5555 local 4513
Disclosure: Our overnight trip to Corregidor Island was sponsored by Sun Cruises, Inc. Thank you for letting us experience the historical and adventure-filled Corregidor Island!
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|