Less than an hour's plane ride from the Philippine capital of Manila is the beautiful island province of Bohol. It is considered as one of the most visited province and top tourist destinations in the Philippines. It boasts to have breathtaking sights, white sand beaches, world-class resorts, diverse marine life and other man-made and natural wonders. You can find many places and do many things in Bohol. Here's a list of some of Bohol's tourist spots, attractions and things to do and experience in Bohol.
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN BOHOL
1. Visit the Blood Compact Shrine in Tagbilaran CityThis is the site where the Blood Compact happened between Sikatuna and Miguel Lopez de Legaspi. This act symbolized peace and friendship which took place on March 16, 1565.
2. River Cruise at Loboc RiverEnjoy the breathtaking scenery that surrounds the clean flowing Loboc river. You could have your lunch here at the floating restaurants where one can relish lush greens all around that are captivating against a perfectly blue sky. It adds tranquility to the ride and also not to forget the great music by the singers from the band aboard the floating restaurant.
3. Visit Baclayon ChurchConsidered as one of the oldest Catholic stone church buildings in the Philippines, it is dedicated to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception.
4. Take a closer look at the Chocolate Hills in CarmenWho would miss out going to the world's famous landmark of Bohol? Formed centuries ago by tidal movements, the hills are considered as a National Geologic Movement. During summers, the dome-shaped hills covered with grass dries up and turns brown, which makes the area into seemingly endless rows of chocolate kisses.
5. Cross the Hanging Bridge in TigbaoIt is made of steel cables and bamboo flooring. When you walk through the bridge it is pretty shaky and swings a lot, but it's a lot of fun! On the other side, you'll find some souvenir shops and the "buko king" of Bohol.
6. Explore the Man-made Forest in BilarIt is a stretch of two-kilometer, densely planted area of Mahogany trees. When you're there, you'll feel like you are entering a different world - it's refreshing and you can feel the fresh air around you. According to our guide, the mahogany trees found in the area were planted by the students of Holy Name University several years ago.
7. Meet and greet the Bohol TarsierAnother popular icon of Bohol is the tarsier. The Philippine Tarsier, known locally as Mamag is one of the smallest primates in the world and is considered to be the mammal with the biggest eyes. Please take note that you are not allowed to touch them and you should turn off your camera's flash when you take pictures of these lovely tarsiers.
8. Beach Bumming in Alona Beach, Panglao IslandLocated in the southwest portion of Panglao island, it boasts of more than a kilometer of glittering white sand beach. As one of the most popular beaches in Bohol, different resorts lined up its shoreline.
9. Experience Extreme Adventure at Danao Adventure ParkLocated 2 hours away from Tagbilaran City, the town of Danao offers one of the newest attractions in Bohol - The Danao Adventure Park. It offer adventure seekers with a wide range of activities that will surely test your limits. Some of the adventurous activities that can be done here include: sky ride, the plunge, river trekking, river tubing, river kayaking, wall climbing and spelunking, to name a few.
10. Buy some SouvenirsNever leave Bohol without buying some souvenirs. Bring home some peanut kisses, handicrafts and other local delicacies found in Bohol.
Indeed, there are just so many things that you can do and enjoy in Bohol that will surely make your trip memorable. Go pack your bag and experience beautiful Bohol!
Hotels and Resorts in Bohol
Recommended Resorts in Panglao, Bohol
ALSO READ: Best Hotels and Resorts in Panglao Island, Bohol
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|