Dubbed as the "Christmas Capital of the Philippines", roads led to San Fernado City, Pampanga last weekend for the annual Ligligan Parul or the Giant Lantern Festival. Eleven barangays showcased their giant lanterns during the exhibition night at Robinson's Starmills Pampanga.
The competition was participated by barangays Santa Lucia, San Pedro, San Juan, Santo Nino, San Jose, San Nicolas, Del Pilar, Dolores, Calulut, Telabastagan and Del Carmen. They battled it out in 3 rounds. First round is an individual presentation where each participant was given a maximum of 7 minutes to showcase their glittering parol. Second round is the group presentation where they displayed their parol side by side with other participants in their group. Lastly, the 3rd round is where all the giant lanterns danced to one surprise music played by a live marching band.
It was indeed a grand display of spectacular lights, interplay of colors and kaleidoscopic patterns accompanied by lively Christmas music.
Here are some photos I captured from the festival (click the photo to enlarge):
SAN JUAN NEPOMUCENO
Emerging as Grand Champion is Brgy. Del Pilar, followed by Brgy. Telabastagan and Brgy. San Jose as 1st runner-up and 2nd runner-up respectively. Congratulations!
Catch the Giant Lanterns on display at the following dates and venues:
- Dec 16 to 21 - 6:30pm · Robinsons Starmills, Pampanga
- Dec 22 - 7:00pm · Essel Park, Telabastagan, CSFP
- Dec 23 - 7:00pm · Greenfields Subd., Sindalan, CSFP
- Dec 24 - 11:00pm · In front of Metropolitan Cathedral/City Hall, City Proper, CSFP
- Dec 25, 2012 to Jan 3, 2013 - 6:30pm · Robinsons Starmills
- Dec 27 - 7:00pm · Special Lantern Exhibition of 6 giant lanterns at Clark, Pampanga
- Dec 29-30 - 6:00pm · Special Lantern Exhibition of 4 giant lanterns at Marquee Mall, Angeles City
For more Pinoy Festivals, click here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|