Hiking Taal Volcano is easy. One need not be an experienced mountaineer to do it. You can actually reach the crater lake by riding a horse. Hahaha! Located approximately 65 km south of Metro Manila in the middle of Taal Lake, it is considered as the smallest active volcano in the world. Taal Volcano’s charm is indeed magnetic. Seeing its crater lake is truly worth the hike.
HOW TO GET THERE
Via Tagaytay City
From Manila, take a bus bound for Tagaytay City, Nasugbu or Balayan and alight at the terminal of jeepneys bound for People’s Park. This is located before you reach the rotunda. Take a People’s Park bound jeepney and alight at Ligaya Drive. Then take a jeepney or tricycle to Talisay Batangas. Upon reaching the town, you need to hire a motorized banca to reach Volcano Island which is the jump-off point to Taal Volcano crater lake.
Via Tanauan, Batangas
From Manila, take a bus bound for Lipa or Batangas City which passes by the town of Tanauan (don’t forget to ask the bus driver if it passes by Tanauan). Tell the driver to drop you at the bus stop in Tanauan. From there, you could take a jeepney to Talisay. At the public market, you will see boats that you can rent going to the volcano island.
IMPORTANT TIPS AND REMINDERS
- Bring enough drinks (water, juice, or energy drink).
- The best time to hike is early morning or before noon time.
- Wear comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear.
- Ride a horse for an easy way up to the crater lake, but I would suggest that you do trekking to fully enjoy the scenery.
- Bring extra clothes and towels.
- Wear anything that could protect you from the sun (Sun block, hat, eyeglasses, umbrella, arm sleeves. etc.).
- Eat heavy meal before the hike or you could bring light snacks. You could also buy from the stalls selling food and drinks at the viewing deck.
- Wear a face mask to protect you from the dust due to the volcanic ashes.
- Practice "Leave No Trace Policy" at all times.
- Before you go home, you can do a side trip to Tagaytay City (Picnic Grove, People’s Park in the Sky, Sonya’s Garden, Bag of Beans and others).
- Depart for Tagaytay City or Tanauan Batangas
- Arrive at Tagaytay City or Tanauan
- Take a jeepney to Talisay
- Ride a boat to Volcano Island
- Pay Environmental Fee
- Start Trek
- Arrive at the crater lake
- Enjoy/explore the place
- Picture-taking / Relax
- Start descent
- Arrive at the jump-off point
- Ride the boat back to Talisay
- Take a jeepney to Tagaytay or Tanauan
- Depart for Manila
- Boat Rental in Talisay Batangas : 1,500 pesos/per boat (round trip)
- Environmental / Tourist Fee : 50 pesos (adult) and 30 pesos (children)
- Horse Ride : 250.00 – 500.00 pesos
- Landing Fee: 20.00 per boat
SEE ALSO: Summer Destinations near Manila for less than 1,000 pesos Budget
NEW RATES (January 2016)
- Php 2,000 / boat (6 persons max.capacity)
- Php 100 / head entrance fee
- Php 500 guide fee (for the whole group)
- Php 450 / horse
- Php 50 / boat landing/docking fee
Boat Rental : Angelo - 09197280514
Happened last March 11, 2012, this is part 2 of a 2-part series of "Conquering Taal Volcano" in Talisay Batangas.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|