HOW TO GET THERE
Philippine Airlines, AirPhilExpress and Zest Air has flights from Manila to Masbate City daily and on schedule. This is the same and only flight out of Masbate to Manila. At the moment, all trips are in the morning, adjust your itinerary accordingly. Travel time is about an hour.
From Manila, take a bus going to Pilar, Sorsogon. Pilar is the main port of Southern Luzon island and it is located just outside Sorsogon City. From there, it is a two hour ride on a FastCraft.
From the airport to the city center
Take a tricycle outside the airport and direct the driver to the city center. Fare is 10 PHP each and travel time is around 5-10 minutes.
From City Center to Bituon Beach
Hire a tricycle from the city center, rental fee is around 150 PHP (2-way). It's the best way to get to the beach as it is not along the national road. It would require approximately 10 minutes of navigating through a dirt road before reaching the resort. In total, it’s about 13 kilometers away form Masbate City and it will take you around 40 minutes to reach the beach.
There are a number of accommodations available in the City, from expensive hotels and resorts to cheap and affordable hostels, inns and lodging houses. If you are on a tight budget (like me), the cheapest that I was able to find was Sampaguita Tourist Inn.
Sampaguita Tourist Inn
- Address: Quezon Street, Masbate City, Philippines
- Types of rooms: Airconditioned Rooms - single/double or family occupancy Non-Airconditioned Rooms - single/double or family occupancy
- Room Rates: starts at 225 PHP per night for a non-airconditioned single room with private toilet and bath.
- Contact Details: (56)333-4729
- Notes: Clean and spacious room. Toilet and bath is a bit small but clean. The staff are courteous and helpful. For security purposes, they are equipped with CCTV cameras. I highly recommend this hostel when you visit Masbate City.
- Balay Valencia
- Circle E Hotel
- GV Hotel
- Jade House Hotel
- Hotel Sea Blick
- MG Hotel
- Ranchers' Hotel
- Rendezvous Hotel
- St. Anthony Hotel and Restaurant
- Stairway Inn
- Team Centrum
- West Wind Waters Beach Resort
- Backpack Accommodation
Here's my suggested itinerary for a quick weekend getaway to Masbate City.
07:00 AM - Breakfast/Check-in
08:00 AM - ETD for Bituon Beach in Mobo
09:00 AM - ETA at the beach / Swim
11:00 AM – Lunch by the beach
12:00 NN – ETD for Buntod Reef Marine Sanctuary
12:30 PM - ETA at Buntod Islet / Explore
01:30 PM – ETD for Pawa Mangrove Nature Park
02:30 PM – ETA at Pawa / Explore
03:30 PM – ETD for Masbate City
04:30 PM – ETA City Center / Explore
05:30 PM - Back at the hostel/Freshen up 07:30 PM – Dinner / Gimik
If you have more time, you can visit other tourist spots such as:
- Mt. Carmel Grotto
- St. Anthony de Padua Seminary View Deck
- Bugsayon Marine Sanctuary
- Coastal Resource Management Interpretative Center
- Tatoo Island
- Villa Bayot
- Ubo Falls
- Lumbang Cave
For additional information on Where To Go, What to do, Where To Shop and Dine, Where To Stay in Masbate City, you may click here.
NAIA Terminal 3 Fee
Tricycle, Airport to City Center
Accommodation (1 night)
Tricycle Rental, City – Bituon Beach
Entrance Fee in Bituon Beach
Tricycle, Plaza to Cathedral
Tricycle to Airport
City Tourism Office
Tel Nos. : (56)333-5608 / (56)333-5844
This is part of my Solo Weekend getaway in the province of Masbate that happened last August 13-14, 2011. Masbate is the 34th province on my list and this weekend adventure is my 8th solo trip.
|Map By: Wikipedia|
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|