Burot Beach in Calatagan Batangas is one of the most popular beaches near Metro Manila. A favorite among weekenders and backpackers, the burot beach is often crowded during weekends, long weekends and holidays. It is best to know when to visit Burot Beach and plan your trip ahead. With this, let me share to you this Burot Beach DIY Travel Guide that will provide you with information on how to get there from Manila, things to do, where to stay, budget & expenses, travel tips, reminders and more!
How to Get to Burot Beach?
Via Public Bus: Take Celyrosa Bus going to Calatagan along Pasay Rotonda EDSA near MRT Taft Station (at the back of McDonald's). First trip is at 5:00 AM, travel time is around 3 hours and fare is 180 pesos. Ask the bus attendant to drop you at Calatagan Public Market. From here, hire a tricycle for PHP 150.00 or PHP 60.00 per person going to Burot beach. Travel time is about 20 minutes.
Via Passenger Van: There's a van terminal near the Bus Station and MRT Taft Station in Pasay where vans bound for Calatagan can be found. Travel time is around 3 hours and fare is 180 pesos each. Upon arrival in Calatagan Public Market, hire a tricycle for PHP 150.00 or PHP 60.00 per person going to the beach. Travel time is about 20 minutes.
Things to Do in Burot Beach
- Beach combing and sun bathing
- Island/cove hopping
- Food trip / picknicking
- Sunset viewing
- Overnight Camping
- Side trip to Cape Santiago (Calatagan Lighthouse)
Burot Beach Travel Tips and Reminders
- Bring all you need.
- Wear a pair of aqua shoes, there are occasional sightings of sea urchins on the beach.
- The road leading to Burot Beach is a bit rough, be sure your car can handle it.
- Comfort rooms are available, but don't expect too much, its very basic for basic needs.
- Be sure to get the mobile number of your tricycle driver or ask them to fetch you.
- Don't go on a weekend, long weekend and holidays to avoid the huge number of weekenders. The beach is best enjoyed when it's not overcrowded.
- As of this writing, there is no room accommodations in Burot Beach. If you wish to stay overnight, bring a tent.
- Always practice "leave no trace" principle.
When is the best time to visit Burot Beach?For you to fully enjoy Burot Beach, it is best and highly recommended to visit it during weekdays. During this time, there are lesser people which will make your trip more enjoyable.
Resorts Near Burot Beach, Calatagan Batangas
SEE ALSO: Best Hotels and Resorts in Batangas
Burot Beach Rates
- Day tour - PHP 65.00
- Overnight - PHP 130.00
- Parking - Free
Burot Beach Expenses and Budget
- Bus Fare (Manila-Calatagan)- PHP 180.00
- Tricycle Rental (Calatagan to Burot) - PHP 150.00
- Entrance Fee (Overnight) - PHP 130.00
- Accommodation (Bring Tent) - PHP 0.00
- Food (Bring Food) - PHP 0.00
- Tricycle Rental (Burot to Calatagan) - PHP 150.00
- Bus Fare (Calatagan-Manila) - PHP 180.00
- TOTAL - PHP 790.00
Rates are as of July 2013
Read more about our Burot Beach getaway at: BUROT BEACH in Calatagan Batangas, "A Nice and Secluded Beach near Metro Manila"
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|