Lake Sebu is fast becoming one of the most visited tourist destinations in South Cotabato. The increasing popularity of its three lakes, the majestic seven waterfalls, zipline adventure, its T'boli tribe and T'nalak cloth, makes it a top choice among tourists visiting this part of Southern Mindanao. If you're planning a visit and wondering where to stay in Lake Sebu, there are a number of hotels and resorts that you could choose from. One of the most popular is Punta Isla Lake Resort located at the tip of Sitio Toku-ful, Brgy. Poblacion, Lake Sebu.
With its very nice location, it offers its guests with a perfect view of the picturesque lake. The resort is filled with different kinds of flora, which add up to the serene, peaceful and quiet ambiance of the place. It gives every guest a calming feel of life that makes you one with nature.
Punta Isla Lake Resort offers basic accommodations of Private Rooms and T'boli Houses good for couples, families and groups.
ROOM RATES ARE AS FOLLOW:
- Double Deluxe Room – PHP 975.00
- Double Bed with bath, Towel and TV (Good for 4 persons)
- Single Deluxe Room – PHP 950.00
- Single Bed with bath, Towel and TV (Good for 2 persons)
- Family Room – PHP 1,000.00
- With toilet and bath, Towel & TV (Good for 4 persons)
- Dormitory Room – PHP 100 per pax
- With toilet and bath, Towel and Common CR
- T’boli Gono – PHP 1,350.00
- With toilet and bath, Towel and Common CR (Good for 15 persons)
- T’boli Gono – PHP 1,850.00
- With toilet and bath, Towel and Common CR (Good for 20 persons)
Since we're a group of 3, we took the Double Deluxe Room named "LEMLUNAY" which is good for 4 persons. (Please be reminded) Lemlunay 4,5,6 and 7 are a bit far from the reception area and the restaurant. If you need something or you need to eat at the restaurant, you'll have to walk for about 5 minutes from your room.
Our room is located at the 2nd floor of a 2-level native house. It is a simple accommodation with basic amenities such as a ceiling fan, a television set, 4 single beds and guest what? It has 3 toilet and bath inside the room! For only 950 pesos per night, this is definitely a cheap deal!
Our room also provides a very nice view of the lake. I like it so much! I feel like I was so close to nature. It is indeed a place where life blends with nature.
During our stay, we ate all our meals in their restaurant. Their food is quite good with the use of fresh tilapia which Lake Sebu is known for. We also had the chance to have a boat tour around the lake which the resort offers. I will write separate posts on these later.
Punta Isla Lake Resort also offers the following fun-filled activities:
- Dine in their famous Floating Restaurant and Open Cottages
- Tour around the Lake and it's neighboring islands
- Meet and Greet the natives and watch their cultural shows
- Taste their mamous Tilapia Specialty dishes
- Enjoy Souvenir Shopping from beaded accessories and take home ethnic necklaces and bracelets
Overall, we had an awesome stay at Punta Isla Lake Resort. They may not have the 5-star resort facilities but in terms of the hospitality of the hotel staff, the food served in the restaurant, the quiet and peaceful ambiance of the place and the affordable room rates, I definitely would want to stay here again on my next visit to Lake Sebu.
PUNTA ISLA LAKE RESORTAddress: Sitio Toku-ful, Brgy. Poblacion,
Lake Sebu, South Cotabato Philippines
Contact Numbers: (+63) 905-289-5134 / 083-236-1053
E-mail Address: email@example.com
HOW TO GET TO LAKE SEBU FROM MANILA
The most convenient way to get to Lake Sebu is to fly from Manila to General Santos in South Cotabato. From the airport, make your way to Bulaong Bus Terminal and take a non-stop bus bound for Koronadal City (also known as Marbel). Fare is about 80 pesos and travel time is around 1 hour. At Koronadal Bus Terminal take a bus bound for Surallah, travel time is about 30 minutes and fare is around 25.00 pesos. Upon arrival in Surallah terminal, take a van or jeepney to Lake Sebu. Travel time is about 45 minutes and fare is around 40 pesos.
This is part of our 4-day South Cotabato Adventure that happened on August 3-6, 2012. South Cotabato is the 72nd province on my list.
- Lake Sebu's 7 Waterfalls and Zipline
- Lang Dulay, her T'nalak and the T'boli Dreamweavers
- WHERE TO STAY IN LAKE SEBU: Punta Isla Lake Resort
- WHERE TO EAT IN LAKE SEBU: Tilapia Overload at Punta Isla Lake Resort
More photos on Pinoy AdvenTurista's Facebook Page, click here.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|