Caramoan is a group of islands and islets located at the farthest coast of the province of Camarines Sur. It is a famous tourist destination known for its white sand beaches, lagoons, limestone cliffs and rich marine life. Getting to Caramoan is really time consuming and will test your patience. There are several ways on how to get to Caramoan Island. Here are some of the ways on how to get there:
How to get to Caramoan via Direct Bus from Manila
- Bus companies such as Penafrancia and Raymond Bus Lines offer direct trips to Sabang Port in San Jose, Camarines Sur, the common jump-off point to Caramoan Islands.
- From Sabang Port, there are passenger boats to Guijalo port in Caramoan. Boats leave every hour from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM, fare is around 120 pesos per passenger and travel time is about 2 hours depending on sea condition. If you missed the boat, you may hire a private boat going to Guijalo. Price range depends on the size of the boat. The usual rate is from PHP 2,500 - 3,000 for a boat that can accommodate up to 16 passengers.
How to get to Caramoan via Naga City
By Land: From Manila, take a bus (Isarog Lines, RSL, Raymond, Peñafrancia Tours, Amihan Bus and Philtranco) bound for Naga City. Terminals can be found at Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City and EDSA in Pasay City. Travel time is about 8-9 hours and fare is around 800 pesos.
By Air: From Manila, take and 40-minute plane ride to Naga City. The airport is located in the town of Pili, you have to take a bus or jeepney that will take you to Naga City.
- From Naga City, take a passenger van bound for Sabang (San Jose, Camarines Sur) at the van terminal in front of SM City Naga. Fare is around P100/person and travel time is approximately 1.5 hours.
- From Sabang Port, take a passenger boat to Guijalo, Caramoan. Boats leave every hour from 6AM to 11AM, fare is around 120 pesos and travel time is about 2 hours depending on sea condition. If you missed the public boat, you may hire a private boat going to Guijalo. Price range depends on the size of the boat. The usual rate is from PHP 2,500 - 3,000 for a boat that can accommodate up to 16 passengers.
How to get to Caramoan via Virac, Catanduanes
- From Manila, take a flight to Virac, the capital of Catanduanes. Travel time is about 1 hour.
- At the Virac airport, hire a tricycle going to Codon port. Travel time is about 1 hour and tricycle rental is 300 pesos per way, good for 4 persons.
- Upon arrival at Codon port, hire a boat that will take you to Caramoan from the fishermen residing at the community near the port. Travel time to Caramoan islands is about 30-40 minutes depending on sea condition and the location of the islands you want to visit. Boat rental rate ranges from PHP 2,500 to 3,000 for a day of island hopping adventure.
For your tricycle and boat rental needs in Virac and Codon Port, visit this link.
Click HERE to check on our trip to Caramoan Islands last year.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|