Cebu, being one of the most urbanized cities in the Visayas can be reached on affordable flights from Manila and other key cities in the country. If you're planning to go to Dumaguete and airfares to the city is quite steep due to limited flights, you might want to consider going there via Cebu. It may be a bit tiring and time consuming since you have to take a bus and a ferry, but it's certainly a cheaper option.
During my recent trip to Dumaguete, I took a Tigerair flight bound for Cebu. Tigerair flies several times daily to Cebu from Manila. Travel time takes a little over an hour from Manila to Cebu. Book now at www.tigerairways.com for flights to major destinations in the country such as Cebu, Puerto Princesa, Iloilo, Bacolod and Kalibo.
HOW TO GET TO DUMAGUETE FROM CEBU?
- From Mactan-Cebu Airport, make your way to the Southbound Bus Terminal via taxi or public transportation.
- At Southbound Bus Terminal, take a Ceres bus bound for Bato (via Lilo-an). Fare from Cebu City to Lilo-an is 175 pesos and travel time takes about 4 hours.
- From Lilo-an ferry terminal, take a fast craft bound for Sibulan Pier. Fare is 62 pesos (including terminal fee) and travel time takes about 15- 20 minutes.
- Upon arrival at Sibulan Terminal, you could take a tricycle or a jeepney that will take you to Dumaguete City. Jeepney fare is 10 pesos, travel time is about 15 minutes.
- Direct fast craft (OceanJet) from Cebu to Dumaguete City, travel time is about 4 hours.
- Ceres bus from Southbound Bus Terminal to Dumaguete, travel time is about 5 hours.
- Overnight trip on a slow boat/ferry from Cebu to Dumaguete.
Thank you TigerAir Philippines for flying me to Cebu! LIKE TigerAir Philippines on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TigerAirPhilippines.
Traveling to Dumaguete City? Check out this TRAVEL GUIDE for some info on Things To Do, Itinerary, How To Get There, Accommodation, Getting Around, Expenses & More!
READ ALSO: Top Best Hotels and Resorts in Cebu
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|