Malacañang Palace had officially issued Proclamation No. 655, s. 2013, DECLARING THE REGULAR HOLIDAYS, SPECIAL (NON-WORKING) DAYS, AND SPECIAL HOLIDAY (FOR ALL SCHOOLS) FOR THE YEAR 2014. With this list of holidays in 2014, we can now plan ahead for our travels and vacations for next year.
The list of 2014 Philippine Holidays are as follows:
- New Year’s Day - 1 January (Wednesday)
- Araw ng Kagitingan - 9 April (Wednesday)
- Maundy Thursday - 17 April
- Good Friday - 18 April
- Labor Day - 1 May (Thursday)
- Independence Day - 12 June (Thursday)
- National Heroes Day - 25 August (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day - 30 November (Sunday)
- Christmas Day - 25 December (Thursday)
- Rizal Day - 30 December (Tuesday)
Special (Non-Working) Days
- Chinese New Year - 31 January (Friday)
- Black Saturday - 19 April
- Ninoy Aquino Day - 21 August (Thursday)
- All Saints Day - 1 November (Saturday)
- Additional special (non-working) days
- 24 December (Wednesday)
- 26 December (Friday)
- Last Day of the Year - 31 December (Wednesday)
Special Holiday (for all schools)
- EDSA Revolution Anniversary - 25 February (Tuesday)
According to Section 2, "The proclamations declaring national holidays for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha shall hereafter be issued after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient. To this end, the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) shall inform the Office of the President on which days the holidays shall respectively fall".
- Eid’l Fitr - 28 July 2014
- Eidul Adha - 3 October 2014
UPDATE:July 29, 2014 Declared a National Holiday in the Philippines in observance of Ramadan (Eid’l Fitr), CLICK HERE FOR THE DETAILS.
This post shall be updated as soon as the exact dates for Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha have been determined.
List of long Weekends
- January 31 - February 2, 2014 (Chinese New Year)
- April 17-20, 2014 (Holy Week)
- August 23-25, 2014 (National Heroes Day)
- December 24-28, 2014 (Christmas)
Plan ahead and let’s make the most out of these holidays! It's More Fun in the Philippines! Tara na, Byahe tayo!
For the list of Philippine Holidays and Long-weekend Schedule in 2015, CLICK HERE.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|