Winter is the season when we wear layers upon layers of clothes to help us cope with the warm temperature. Also, it is when several activities come into play such as ice skating and skiing. Skiing in France is one experience you should definitely try because the slopes give your reason to go back up and ski some more. Before you do, here are some tips to help you ski better.
1. Borrow insteadMost people who wants to give skiing a try start by buying the complete gear for them to look great on the slopes. However, this is not the best idea because after a few tries down the mountain, you might realize that skiing is not for you. So just borrow some gloves, hat, goggles, ski helmets, and fleece.
2. Prepare and be fitSkiing is not for the faint-hearted nor is it for those who just woke up and decided they want to give it a try. To get your hearts pumped up for the activity, you can do some power walking, or strengthening your leg muscles by taking the stairs. If you are serious, you can start working out 12 weeks before the beginning of your Ski holidays 2017.
3. Go online and watch videosWith the advancement in technology, you can have easy access to different techniques on how to ski properly just by watching videos online. Choose those which has ideal environments such as a cloudless sky and the sun is out. There are a lot of ski crash videos as well. Try to steer away from those because it might not give a positive boost in your confidence.
4. Get a professional trainer to teach youWhen you are going on a holiday with friends or family who can ski, do not let them teach you how to. It only takes a matter of time before they get bored and when that happens, the next thing you know, you are being dragged to the top of the hill. This often results to accidents or crashes which might make the whole experience for you a negative one. Enrolling into a ski school might not be the cheaper option, but it will save you the hassle of getting hurt. Your trainer would be focusing on you until you perfect the techniques and subconsciously, this attention results to better and faster progress.
5. Weather watchFor the rookies, you should know that the weather in the mountains changes quickly. The best way to come prepared is by watching the weather forecast on the news or the webcams in your resort if there are any. Most people commit the mistake of dressing to the weather they woke up to. By the time they get to the mountains, they are either overdressed or underdressed for the temperature.
So there you have some tips to help you have the best ski experience in France. By being equipped with the basics, you would definitely be able to take away happy memories on your trip. Enjoy! Also, always remember that best things in life as a good ski holiday creates great memories that last a lifetime, it is highly suggested that you stay in a catered Ski Chalet in Courchevel for a memorable skiing holiday in France.
Photo Credit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vanoise.jpg
Note: This article was written by one of our contributors.
Read full disclosure here.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|