Sydney, Australia is definitely one of the best cities to travel to, not only because they have a lot of natural wonders to visit, historical landmarks, and architectural feats that will welcome you during your stay. You might have several items on your to-do list that would cost you a lot, but you might want to consider doing activities that are cheap or won’t cost you one penny. Here are some of the 10 Cheap and Free Things To Do in Sydney, Australia.
10 Cheap and Free Things To Do in Sydney, Australia
1. Go for a stroll across the iconic Sydney Harbour BridgeThis is one of the iconic views in Sydney which connects people from the central business district and the North Shore. It is often called as The Coathanger because of its shape. Its main attraction is the viewing platform where tourists could use the telescopes available.
2. Get up close to the iconic Sydney Opera HouseIt wouldn’t be Australia without the Sydney Opera House. Being one of the 20th century’s most distinctive buildings, it holds several performances annually and attended by more than 1.2 million people. Whether it’s from a distance or up close, grab the opportunity to capture this glorious site.
3. Visit the Royal National ParkIf you are a fan of nature then this one will make you drool. Located at the south of Sydney, it is the world’s oldest surviving purposed national park. Make sure to check out the park highlights which are: Audley, Jibbon Point, Eagle Rock, Garie Beach, Wattamolla Beach, Figure 8 pool south of Burning Palms, Werrong Beach, Lady Carrington Drive, and North and South Era beaches.
4. Lie back and relax at Royal Botanic GardensThis is a major botanical garden located in the center of Sydney. It is mostly visited because it is near a lot of the famous landmarks and best of all, it is open every day and is free of charge.
5. Walk up the hill to check out artworks at Art Gallery NSWThis is the most important public gallery and is the fourth largest when it comes to the whole of Australia. It features a café, restaurant, library and archive, study room, gallery shop, centenary auditorium, and domain theatre.
6. Discover Cockatoo Island, a UNESCO world heritage listed islandNow why is this a heritage listed island you ask? It is significant because it has the nation’s most extensive record of shipbuilding during the 19th century. Since 2005 it has been hosting several major events as well.
7. Explore Darling HarbourThis is just adjacent to the heart of Sydney. There is a lot to mention when it comes to the attractions and public facilities that this landmark has such as the Harbourside Shopping Centre, Sydney Entertainment Centre, Star Casino and Entertainment Complex, Sydney Aquarium, and so much more.
TRAVEL TIP: Sydney is a top destination for almost every visitor to Australia. There are many different Sydney accommodation options spread throughout the city. The Harbour area is most probably one of the most popular locations. There, you will find everything from hostels to five star hotels, depending on your needs and budget.
8. Check out Sydney Olympic ParkNow although it is part of the suburb in the inner west of Sydney, it is still being used a facility for cultural and sporting events. With the availability of extensive parklands and commercial establishments, it is a must-see spot for tourists.
9. Check out some of Sydney's beachesSydney is known for breath-taking beaches and these can be found within a 10km radius from the heart of the city where you can go and have incomparable waterside dining, find cafes and bars, and energetic night-life. The white sand and the warm sun would definitely invite you and make it difficult to leave.
10. Weekend markets at Paddington, Bondi Beach and RozelleThese are just to name a few. There are a lot of markets that you can try out which are open at specific times where you can see stalls which sells clothes, books, jewelry, and produce.
Want to add some more free and cheap things to do in Sydney? Kindly leave a comment below. :)
This post was written by one of our contributing writers. Photos were used with permission from Ace Paragoyo of www.iamacesome.com.
|Check Hotel Rates, Discounts and Availability|
Search a Destination:
Thank You For Sharing!
|Leave a Comment via Facebook|